Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Maybe Forced To Buy the PMDG 737 BBJ

...since there is nothing business jet wise on the horizon that I'm terribly interested in.

Could someone post a couple of pics of the interior? How is the modelling? Animations?

Are cabin views included?

How is the performance?

Performance is great on my rig! I can see cabin from outside by I can't figure out how to get in it through the cockpit door LOL

unknown.png?width=2136&height=1202

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

performance is amazing, the range is 6k miles with all the aux tanks installed

and it's PMDG - it's incredibly high quality

the cabin looks great and is fully modelled, but personally I'm disappointed as it's part of the external model, not the internal model

so to explore the cabin in flight, you have to use the drone cam with external noise and the aircraft lurching up and down like you're at sea

however, we have had the PMDG sound guru posting here who assures that the cabin is going to be moved to the cockpit model so you can explore in flight, with a stable camera and indoor sounds

so - cabin is hopefully going to be sorted, which is really important for me personally!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

...since there is nothing business jet wise on the horizon that I'm terribly interested in.

Could someone post a couple of pics of the interior? How is the modelling? Animations?

How is the performance?

The exterior & VC are beautiful. Performance is excellent!

There are some areas where textures need improvement especially the cabin.

Check out this video (Walkaround) and you will see what I mean.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There is a way to adjust the default cockpit to be in the cabin, save the views then move it back to default and into the cockpit.  It is a .cfg tweak that adjusts the default camera position.  I used it with the DC-6 but have to find it again now... 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Looks and performs great for me, think frames are slightly lower than what I get with the CJ4, but smooth as silk and 40+ fps will do me - especially as unlike p3d I don't find MSFS bogs down at night or in heavy weather.

Tend to fly cargo rather than the BBJ, but don't expect any major difference between the two .... at least in terms of frames & animations.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

How is the performance?

Full cabin modeling will come in a future update according to PMDG.  Right now you can only see it with the Drone camera.  You do have nice ramp options.  You can even have Limo SUV's s parked where VIP's would board the plan.  PMDG did a great job on this one.

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

Full cabin modeling will come in a future update according to PMDG.

Does that mean we will get to change the layout? I want a bed in my BBJ! lol

• Upvote 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

So I can't "walk" from the cockpit to the cabin?

Correct.  Aside from that minor detail - the BBJ model is the only reason I purchased this addon - and it's phenomenal.  Smooth fps, HUD (I think it's called HGS), mach .80 cruise, intuitive aircraft operation but still enough switches to click and flip (when time permits), sexy looking exterior and interior.  Incredible sounds.  Also it hand flies so well.

Don't sit on the fence any longer.

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This will get you up to 10 new custom views inside and outside, anywhere, you have to save the views in the normal way you save custom cockpit views. Basically it gets you outside the plane even though you are still in the cockpit view mode, and from there you can walk through walls and save the views in the same way you always can save cockpit custom views. For instance you could save a cockpit view where the camera is seated in a passenger seat looking out the window.

Then after doing that you go back and restore the .cfg file to what is was originally. You can't do any of this with planes that are not editable (purchased from marketplace). Because there is no .cfg text file to edit.

You only have to do this procedure once. After that, you have those new views with a push of a key. And you can move all around from any of these new views. You push a key and you're seated in a passenger seat. You can then pan around with the hat. Or move forward back up down or right left just like you can in the cockpit (because you are actually in cockpit view).

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was about to say that you can set up key to check out the cabin if you wish.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.