Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Is this sim ready yet?

It’s a really good, brilliant looking sim. My only issue is the age old dreaded stutters. Some are not as perceptible to them as others, but I notice them. But hopefully DX12 may smooth some of that out. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RobJC said:

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the state of this sim? Thank you! 

It's a WIP. It's really good right now. If you don't mind a monthly update and if you buy some quality airplanes and airports, you will agree with most on this thread. It's the best sim we have right now.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I bought on release day in 2020 and uninstalled the next day, due to a huge range of issues.  I came back about every 2 months after that, and MSFS never stayed on my drive for more than a week; although stability was improving incrementally.  XP11 has been my main sim for over 10 years, since leaving FSX (I bypassed P3D).

I installed about 4 weeks ago, just before SU9, and it has been a gamechanger.  I haven't had one CTD in those 4 weeks, performance is fantastic (considering I only have a 1070Ti). With a blend of high and medium settings, it's still a stunning looking sim.   And .... it's no longer just the eye candy simulator that I and other XP11 loyalists used to claim it to be!    I'm a big G1000 user and the default G1000 on launch was absolutely dreadful; less functionality than the default FSX G1000.  XP11 already has a fantastic default G1000 simulation, so that kept pulling me back.   Now, with the Working Title G1000 XI we have an utterly brilliant G1000, that now exceeds the XP11 G1000 (IMHO).   With recent releases like the Milviz C310, we now also have flight handling characteristics that feel more realistic and immersive that those in XP11 (again, IMHO). 

It is not perfect!   There are bugs and still some frustrations.  Offline AI is still clunky and causes a huge, disproportionate performance drop for me, so I am currently not able to use it, and am therefore currently flying 'solo' in the MSFS world.  The camera system is convoluted, unintuitive and clunky, and XP11's is still far superior and much more intuitive.    But everything is being constantly improved and worked on, and MSFS today is a million miles away from the RTC version back in August 2020.   Then there's all the exciting 3rd party developments and releases taking place.

At this point, there is nothing more than emotional attachment that is keeping XP11 installed on my PC.   I can't see me leaving MSFS in it's current condition, for the underachieving scenery of XP11 (outside of Ortho areas).

The future for MSFS is bright and getting brighter by the day!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

With the PMDG 737 and SU9, I have taken MSFS out of mothballs for 2 years and am retiring P3Dv5.3 (with its HIDEOUS terrain).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

It's ready and getting better and better

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

It’s got a large team working on it, so it will continue to pull ahead of the competitors over time.

I’d say it hit maturity about 6 months back. The last few weeks have been amazing for addons. 

The number of great planes is still small, but that will change with time. Yes, I miss the T7, but there’s plenty of other planes out now to keep me busy.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

The AIG OIC is way to long of a process

The end results are amazing, so worth a bit of effort at the beginning.  Plenty of YouTube videos explaining the process.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

59 minutes ago, Boomer said:

With the PMDG 737 and SU9, I have taken MSFS out of mothballs for 2 years and am retiring P3Dv5.3 (with its HIDEOUS terrain).

I haven't heard from you in a while mate. Good to see you back.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

28 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The end results are amazing, so worth a bit of effort at the beginning.  Plenty of YouTube videos explaining the process.

If it's the only game in town,  I'll have to. 

Eric 

Thanks everyone. Time to dust off the controls. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

If it's the only game in town,  I'll have to. 

or wait, there is another 3rd party busy with making traffic addon.

4 hours ago, wim123 said:

or wait, there is another 3rd party busy with making traffic addon.

Do you have a link?

Eric 

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

Same here. Possibly some q400 flights in p3d. But the new sim is finally preferable now to me. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next