Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Reverse Thrust 737

Does anyone have any tips or a script to activate reverse thrust in AAO on a HC Bravo? I’ve tried a repeating throttle decrease command and also reverse throttle hold but it doesn’t seem to do anything…

WAT1036.png

I am assuming that you mean the PMDG 737 in MSFS?

On the Saitek TQs I am using a button assignment, since the levers have a "button action" at their lowest point

Lever 1:
Key Down Event: THROTTLE1_DECR()
Key Up Event: THROTTLE1_CUT (Set throttle 1 to idle)
Repeat: Fast

Lever 2:
Key Down Event: THROTTLE2_DECR()
Key Up Event: THROTTLE2_CUT (Set throttle 2 to idle)
Repeat: Fast

Reverse is engaged as long as this button is being held down. There is a bit of a delay, the levers in the VC take a moment to react.
You could assign both actions to the same button on your controller.

The THROTTLEn_DECR events are no longer in the official SDK list of MSFS but they still work. Either set a filter for "throttle" or look into the "Undocumented" group.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

26 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Thanks Oliver, got it working

Ditto. These exact same instructions worked for me with MSFS 2020 PMDG 737-700 with a Turtle Beach VelocityOne Yoke/Throttle Combo. Until I read this I was stumped. Thanks,

Could someone assist with getting the reversers working with the tca throttle & stick?  Several hours in and I am not making progress

The tca has a button activated on reaching the bottom of a slider, this works fine without AAO using stock msfs controls in combination with the throttles.

9 hours ago, DesLynam said:

The tca has a button activated on reaching the bottom of a slider,

Did you try the solution described in my post above? That is the default procedure for button actuated reversers.

Edit: there are some new events in MSFS that seem to replace the THROTTLEn_DECR (haven't tried those yet though)

"THROTTLE1_DECREASE_EX1", "THROTTLE2_DECREASE_EX1", etc

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver

I did try your solution but didn't have any luck, it's entirely possible this was due to my lack of understanding.

I gave up trying to get it working with just a joystick bind, sometime the reversers caught but their behaviour was erratic to say the least. What I ended up doing was mapping the joystick button that's activated to a virtual keypress, and in combination with the throttle decrease this works perfectly. Maybe it's an oddity with my setup.