Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Getting to know the mountains of Spain...20 pics...

[Note: This post is triggered by another recent post, with a set of beautiful pictures from Northern Spain, specifically the region between San Sebastián and Bilbao...]

In this post, I travel (westward) starting from Barcelona past San Sebastián and Bilbao, exploring the beautiful mountain ranges of Northern Spain. BTW, Spain also has spectacular mountains, in its other parts, such as Central and Southern Spain (see e.g., pictures of Mount Mulhacén below). The highest mountain in mainland Spain is Mulhacén, which is located in the Southern edge of Spain, and Mount Teide, the volcano, on Tenerife, in the Canary Islands, is the tallest mountain in all of Spain. 

In the Northern range, here, below, are the 3 highest mountains (marked with (*)), listed among the tallest 7 in all of Spain.

1. Teide (Tenerife) - 12,188 ft
  2. Mulhacen (Spain South) - 11.413 ft
  3. * Pico Aneto (Spain North) - 42°37′56″N 00°39′28″E / 11,168 ft
  4. Veleta (Spain South) - 11,135 ft
  5. * Posets o Llardana (Spain North) - 42°39′56″N 0°25′28″E / 11,053 ft
  6. Alcazaba (Spain South) - 11,060 ft
  7. * Monte Perdido (Spain North) - 42°40′N 0°02′E / 11,007 ft

For visualization on the MAP, I've plotted the LAT/LONG co-ordinates of these 3 mountains on a SIMBRIEF FlightPlan from Barcelona (LEBL) to Vigo (LEVX), (see MAP screenshot below). The (B2B) 3 waypoints seen northwest of Barcelona, are where these mountains are situated (see shots #9/#10 for the vicinity of this northern range). Additionally, I have travelled further westward from Bilbao, tracking the Cantabrian Mountains Range (see shots #15/#16), of lesser height, but no less beautiful...They stretch for over 180 miles across northern Spain, along the coast of the Cantabrian Sea, which essentially represents the south part of the Bay of Biscay. The Bay of Biscay, of course, is the (highly) historically significant site of many famous naval engagements over the centuries. I've also included several screenshots, while tracking (westward) along the coastlines of Bay of Biscay, dotted with scenic coastal towns... (see the very last 4 screenshots) ...indeed, they look as beautiful as the Mediterranean coastlines... (I've never been really there...🙂...though...) ...

Finally, no reference to the mountains of Spain would be complete without a mention of the majestic Mount Mulhacen, the highest mountain in mainland Spain and in all of the Iberian Peninsula. This mountain is not exceptionally dramatic in terms of steepness (reportedly, can be climbed in a single day), but the proximity to the Mediterranean Sea makes this mountain (and the whole area) a special attraction, decorated with beautiful green valleys and picturesque high peaks. From an independent (air) excursion, I've shown, below, several screenshots of Mount Mulhacen and its vicinity... (see shots #11/#12/#13/#14).

My travel partner, for all these explorations, is an Embraer 120 (Brasilia), a plane I'm very fond of, see the first 8 shots, below, selected, in the livery of my beloved United Express...

Hope you enjoy this collection of pictures...! And I cannot but wonder how much more beautiful, these mountainous regions of Spain would appear from the world of MSFS...!!

Thanks for your interest...and happy flying with your new and shiny "737"...🙂...!!

HKI7QM.png

BU8N4D.png

1LgEIE.png

9ENQuN.png

R3abTq.png

oCXCrC.png

DUGvP4.png

aU38FQ.png

R0Lwe8.png

LL9V8X.png

4HI9be.png

pYCPpa.png

dDCU0q.png

keu9eH.png

jVoyXO.png

zcLdK4.png

HkYGIS.png

VNQ0SR.png

MAsPUj.png

2CP1jV.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 6

Great shots, P_7878. If you allow me, the only thing that distracts a bit, are the FSX clouds. They look (at least to me) too artificial. Everything else is perfect, especially the plane!

• Like 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Excellent shots as always mate .

• Like 4

Wonderful set and scenery 👍🏽

cheers 😉

• Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Folks: Thanks very much for the comments and reactions...appreciated...!!

[Bernd: These screenshots are compiled from 2-3 different flights...so, the texture settings for the clouds indeed seem off...for some of the images...]

• Like 2