Sign in to follow this  
Jqro

Need help with PMDG 737 ILS approach too high

Still new to the 737 and learning, ive been on the a32nx and CRJ

Every time ive been on an ILS approach with the 737, its approached way too high, than at the end just completely gone above the target altitude, even though the diamond to indicate your approach says its perfect. In another forum they said this was the plane automatically doing a go around at a non-auto land capable airport/minimums. Ive tried auto land capable airports and tried lowering/changing minimums but nothing works, and the plane goes above the approach way before the minimums is even called, any help? Thanks!

Sorry no help but now that I read your post I remember I saw the same. Did fly PMDG‘s 737 for FSX many years ago and since 3 yrs primarily the FBM. So I lost my 737 capabilities. Did some 20 flights in it by now but still not figured how to properly fly an ILS approach or let alone autoland the 737. and no, of course I did not RTFM as I consider myself type rated for the 737 😉. Seriously, I brought her down in all cases manually and that is really fun as I believe it behaves and flies just great. Nonetheless if anybody can point me to how to setup the autopilot for a proper ILS approach I would be grateful. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

There's yards of YouTube videos showing every conceivable approach performed by type rated pilots. I would suggest you watch some of those. 

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, DAD said:

Sorry no help but now that I read your post I remember I saw the same. Did fly PMDG‘s 737 for FSX many years ago and since 3 yrs primarily the FBM. So I lost my 737 capabilities. Did some 20 flights in it by now but still not figured how to properly fly an ILS approach or let alone autoland the 737. and no, of course I did not RTFM as I consider myself type rated for the 737 😉. Seriously, I brought her down in all cases manually and that is really fun as I believe it behaves and flies just great. Nonetheless if anybody can point me to how to setup the autopilot for a proper ILS approach I would be grateful. 

Also, if you go through the included PMDG tutorial, it ends with an AP Autoland (with HGS) into KSFO. Worked out perfect when I did it. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

3 hours ago, Jqro said:

Followed the first one. Plane was doing well than at the final 200 feet it went way above the target and than it disconnected autopilot and crashed

did you have the ILS frequency and course set in both radios/MCP, and both autopilots on?

• Like 1

Maybe post a video of what is going on. It could be a number of things and without the video it would be us assuming you did this or that. Help us help you. I have flown several AP flown and hand flown ILS landings with zero issue since the launch so I know the plane can do them easily.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Found that the airport I was landing at was not CAT2 or 3. Thanks everybody