Sign in to follow this  
saskarider

Throttle goes to max

My throttle jumps to max every time I either move my Saitek yoke right or left or when I move my CH products pedals right or left. I am using the new PMDG 737 but it does it with the FBW as well. The throttle seems to function fine. For example starting on the runway i can increase the throttle and it moves like it should then if I move my rudder pedals or the yoke all of a sudden throttles go to max. I'm at a loss.

Wayne Larsen

Check all your assignments for throttle, with yoke and rudder pedals. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Check all your assignments for throttle, with yoke and rudder pedals. 

Nothing assigned to the yoke rudder pedals. Now my thrust reversers are toggling on and off  uncontrollably. Wonder if the is a way to reset the assignments and start from scratch. I'm at a loss

Wayne Larsen

45 minutes ago, saskarider said:

Nothing assigned to the yoke rudder pedals. Now my thrust reversers are toggling on and off  uncontrollably. Wonder if the is a way to reset the assignments and start from scratch. I'm at a loss

Ok so I disconnected everything but my keyboard and mouse and just used the keyboard to control my rudder and ailerons to test and the throttle went to max again. So I ruled out the yoke and pedals. Must be some weird setting within the app. Is the a config setting where I can reset it to defaults?

Edited by saskarider

Wayne Larsen

59 minutes ago, saskarider said:

Ok so I disconnected everything but my keyboard and mouse and just used the keyboard to control my rudder and ailerons to test and the throttle went to max again. So I ruled out the yoke and pedals. Must be some weird setting within the app. Is the a config setting where I can reset it to defaults?

You can set each of your controls to "default" in the Controls submenu.

I'd do that. 

But also if this problem persists I would next empty out my /Community folder.  It could be some interaction with add-ons going on there, if resetting all controls to "default" doesn't work.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, saskarider said:

When using just the keyboard or mouse, when exactly does the throttle go to max?  Are you pressing anything on the keyboard at the time, or selecting something with the mouse? Has to be something that is triggering this. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When using just the keyboard or mouse, when exactly does the throttle go to max?  Are you pressing anything on the keyboard at the time, or selecting something with the mouse? Has to be something that is triggering this. 

I'm pressing the 0 (left) and the enter (right) keys on the num pad which are the rudder left and right for steering. They show as the default assignments. Then it starts the throttling to max. It doesn't matter what aircraft I use they all jump to maximum throttle. 

Wayne Larsen

20 minutes ago, saskarider said:

I'm pressing the 0 (left) and the enter (right) keys on the num pad which are the rudder left and right for steering. They show as the default assignments. Then it starts the throttling to max. It doesn't matter what aircraft I use they all jump to maximum throttle. 

Go into the keyboard assignments in MSFS, and press the 0 ( left) key and see what it is assigned to. See f anything involving throttle or any other assignment comes up. You could also try assigning something to the 0 key, and if anything else is assigned to that key, MSFS will tell you everything that is assigned to that key. 

Edited by Bobsk8

It's also possible that the default assignment key is sticking. I might grab one of those key test aps and see if something is lighting up when you aren't pressing it.

5 hours ago, saskarider said:

My throttle jumps to max every time I either move my Saitek yoke right or left or when I move my CH products pedals right or left. I am using the new PMDG 737 but it does it with the FBW as well. The throttle seems to function fine. For example starting on the runway i can increase the throttle and it moves like it should then if I move my rudder pedals or the yoke all of a sudden throttles go to max. I'm at a loss.

spacer.png

Hi Wayne,

Go to the assistance options and under piloting, make sure everything is turned off.

Hopefully, that should get you sorted.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko
  • Like 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Well I gave up I'm doing an uninstall and reinstall of MSFS see what happens. 😞 

Wayne Larsen

I would not do that! I would not uninstall.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Go to the Options. Controls in MSFS. Select the keyboard profile. Press the 0 key and see what all is mapped to that key.

Next if that is not the problem then Mokeiko's suggestion should be tried. Turn off all aids. Because perhaps MSFS is adding you. It thinks you need to advance the throttle so it aids you by advancing it. Turn off these aids and it won't do that.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Next, perhaps you have another application that is controlling your flight controls. Such as Axis and Ohs, Joy, or Spad.Next. Windows control panel, printers and devices, right click on the icon for the throttle and drill down the menu choices to where you can reset it to default.

I seriously doubt a bad installation of MSFS is your problem. Its probably just fine.