Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

My sim still lags/stutter

Hello,

I have seeing many post and videos, I have tried some of the suggestion available but still haven't been able to solve the lag/stutter in my sim. I have tweak and change many of the options available and have yet to find or get a smooth sim.

I do have a good internet and also have a high end computer. Im my missing something or doing something wrong, because I have seen videos and seen them smooth with no lag or stutter. I know not everyones specs is the same.......Any suggestions or help will

be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Whisper202

1 minute ago, Whisper202 said:

Hello,

I have seeing many post and videos, I have tried some of the suggestion available but still haven't been able to solve the lag/stutter in my sim. I have tweak and change many of the options available and have yet to find or get a smooth sim.

I do have a good internet and also have a high end computer. Im my missing something or doing something wrong, because I have seen videos and seen them smooth with no lag or stutter. I know not everyones specs is the same.......Any suggestions or help will

be greatly appreciated.

Enable developer mode and display FPS , you will see exactly what is causing your stuttering or bottleneck. It's impossible for us to help you without your PC specs.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Try limiting your fps to 36 outside of the sim. See how that goes. For me it sorted a lot of the stutters and fps drops.

10 minutes ago, Whisper202 said:

Any suggestions or help will

PC specs and in-game settings will help us provide you with some suggestions.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

9 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Enable developer mode and display FPS , you will see exactly what is causing your stuttering or bottleneck. It's impossible for us to help you without your PC specs.

Sorry I forgot to put my specs.

Geforce RTX3080, i7-10700k, 64 bit

1 minute ago, Whisper202 said:

Geforce RTX3080

What settings do you have enabled/disabled in the NCP (nvidia control panel)

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

47 minutes ago, Whisper202 said:

Any suggestions or help will

be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-graphics-settings-and-performance-guide-su5-complete-retest-8-2-2021/132407

This is a good starting point and also make sure you use in-game Vsync, lock it to 30. Post here you nvidia control panel settings.

Edited by CarlosF

17 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

FPS is between 16-29 fps

Do You using Volanta premium? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

20 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-graphics-settings-and-performance-guide-su5-complete-retest-8-2-2021/132407

This will be a good starting point and also make sure you use in-game Vsync, lock it to 30. Post here you nvidia control panel settings.

23 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Anisotropic filtering                                 - use global setting  - (application controlled)

Antiliasing - fxaa                                     - use global setting  - (OFF)

Antiliasing - gamma correction               - use global setting - (ON)

Antiliasing - Mode                                   - use global setting - (application controlled)

Antiliasing - Transparency                      - use global setting - (OFF)

Backgroung Apllication Max Frame rate - use global setting - (OFF)

CUDA - GPUS                                        - use global setting - (ALL)

Low Latency Mode                                 - use global setting - (ULTRA)

Max frame rate                                       - use global setting - (OFF)

Monitor Technology                                - use global setting - (G-sync compatible)

OpenGL Rendering GPU                       - use global setting - Application controlled

Power management                               - use global setting - Normal

Preffered Settings rate (LG)                   - application controlled

texture filtering - anistropic sample        - use global setting - (OFF)

texture filtering - negative LOD bias      - use global setting - (ALLOW)

texture filtering - Quality                        - use global setting - (Quality)

texture filtering - trilinear                       - use global setting - (ON)

threaded optimization                           - use global setting - (AUTO)

triple buffering                                       - use global setting - (OFF)

vertical sync                                          - use global setting - (Use 3D app)

virtual reality pre-rendered                    - use global setting - (1)

Sorry I did it this way because I dont know how to post images at this time.

17 minutes ago, rutra said:

Do You using Volanta premium? 

I don't. I just have the very basic. I only use FBW A320 with the AA scheme, also the Toolbar pushback and Air tool anouncement. Nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Whisper202 said:

Power management                               - use global setting - Normal

Set this option to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

9 minutes ago, Whisper202 said:

texture filtering - Quality                        - use global setting - (Quality)

Switch to "High Performance"

Just a thought, do you have an XMP profile enabled on your RAM.?  I noticed mine was off and was getting stutters even with good FPS.  After enabling it seems much better.  Probably placebo effect but who knows

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

Set this option to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Switch to "High Performance"

ok will do...