Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Visiting Hamburg

Those, who live in Hamburg, claim it is the most beautiful city in the world. Those, who don’t (like myself) say, it is a very nice city.

I take off from Fuhlsbuettel airport

Elektra-1.jpg 

Elektra-2.jpg

Always worth a visit is the old “Speicherstadt” (City of Warehouses). It is the largest warehouse district in the world where the buildings stand on timber-pile (oak logs) foundations. The warehouses were built from 1883 to 1927 as a free zone to transfer goods without paying customs.

Elektra-3.jpg

At its entrance stands the newly constructed concert hall “Elbphilharmony” (Elbe Philharmonic Hall)

Elektra-4.jpg

The yellow, purpose-built, tent-like construction is for some time already home to the Lion King Musical. The white freighter with the red bridge top to the right side of the plane is the “Cap San Diego”, a general cargo ship, constructed in 1961. She is now fully restored and is kept fully operational by a dedicated museum team. Several times a year, the ship leaves the harbor for trips on her own power, mostly on the river Elbe or to Cuxhaven. In 2001, the ship was awarded the Maritime Heritage Award by the World Ship Trust.

Elektra-5.jpg

Here is a better picture of it

1280px-Phb-dt-7976-Cap-San-Diego.jpg

A bit further down the river Elbe you come across this ugly wharf building. For some time now it is home to a mega yacht, owned by a Russian oligarch, who had it sent there for maintenance. She is still there and as it looks, she is not going anywhere

Elektra-6.jpg

These are the “St. Pauli Piers”. Built in 1839, they form today a central transportation hub, with S-Bahn, U-Bahn and ferry stations. They also serve as a major tourist magnet with numerous restaurants and departure points for harbor pleasure boats.

Elektra-7.jpg 

Elektra-8.jpg 

Elektra-9.jpg

Further down the Elbe sits the German Airbus arm in “Hamburg-Finkenwerder”

Elektra-10.jpg 

Elektra-11.jpg

Until a ship reaches the North Sea, it has to travel from Hamburg some 105 km (65 mi)

Elektra-12.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

• Like 16

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Germany in the Spring , sure looks fine in MSFS .

• Like 3

This is a really great set of pics! The first one is great and the image of the ship is exceptional.

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for the tour!  Most of what I know about Hamburg comes from the various OMSI addons that I've spent hours driving with.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Many thanks for your kind comments, gents. 

• Like 2

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Really great shots.  I love the repaint especially the instrument panel.  Is it available?

• Like 2

Flugschule Uetersen makes sightseeing flights close to yours. Usually they take off from Uetersen but for an additional payment they go from EDDH Fuhlsbütttel. We made such a flight just a week ago and it was really nice. I found the harbor the most impressive part, and there's a great MSFS freeware Hamburg harbor scenery available from Simdocks (not PG but hand-made).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

I love the repaint especially the instrument panel.  Is it available?

You can find both on the .to site. I'm not at  my PC right now, so I can't give you the direct link unfortunately.

3 hours ago, pmb said:

and there's a great MSFS freeware Hamburg harbor scenery available from Simdocks 

Thanks Michael. It is included in these scenery shots 🙂

• Like 2

Beautiful set of shots, yea, Hamburg ist eine Weltstadt. 😎

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Magnificent pictures of the city and the river, bernd...!!

On 5/14/2022 at 10:03 PM, pmplayer said:

Beautiful set of shots, yea, Hamburg ist eine Weltstadt. 😎

cheers 😉

23 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Magnificent pictures of the city and the river, bernd...!!

Thank you both very much !!

• Like 1

***Love All The Details***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick