Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

PMDG and Maddog performance question

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

ashmatt77, I assume both of those 2 new airliners of yours are in community? Just move them out temporarily and see the fps numbers and DEV MODE charts at those airports. And compare when you have those airliners in community. I think you will find those 2 new airliners are not reducing your performance.

I never said they were. I just used these two airliners because i know many people have purchased them recently and this is the first time ive had performance issues. I didnt creat this thread to say that i think these 2 planes are giving me issues. I made the thread to see what other people are seeing on newer hardware because I think it might be time for an upgrade.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, jer2929 said:

Sounds like you might be dealing with the world update photogrammetry bug. Try deleting the world update photogrammetry cities. They are individual files in the content manager and only a few hundred kb's each, so easy to do. Make sure to restart your sim and see if that helps. It's especially apparent when flying in North America. Merely having the photogrammetry cities installs halves my performance.

Interesting. It would be nice if it was a “bug” im dealing with. I unfortunately dont think it is lol. Just old hardware. I cant believe the 8700k has this hard of a time these days. Oh well! 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

21 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

Jealous man…. I’ve got similar specs and way worse performance. 

That's not correct, I'm afraid. The 3080Ti is not just a 3080 with 2 GB more of VRAM, it's much closer to being a '3090-lite'.
Also, the 5800X3D is not the same as the 5800X. The 5800X3D CPU has a massive 96 MB of L3 Cache compared to the 12 MB of cache for the I7-9700K (meaning the AMD CPU has 8 times the amount of fast memory to process instructions as the Intel chip).
The AMD might not run at as high a frequency, but with double the number of threads and higher IPC, the AMD chip outperforms the Intel one.

Bnash00 (like me) has taken to using a 'brute force' our way to getting good flight sim performance.

There's talk of the upcoming Ryzen 7000 series and Raptor Lake CPUs offering somewhere between 8% - 25% (single core), and 30% - 40% (all-core) performance improvements over current generation CPUs. Combined with a bit of maturity in DDR5, and you may see mid-level and higher PC setups later this year blow my computer's performance out of the water.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Disregard. 

Edited by Hatch76

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot