Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

Anyone using external touch screens?

I would so love to use my GTN 750 on an external touch screen or have the G3X Controls docked out and touch those or whatever touch sensitive interface that is in the game. However while air manager works flawlessly and touch works on docked out windows in FSX, P3D and Plane it does not in MSFS. Controls lock up and joystick inputs are not recognised anymore, when MSFS loses focus to its own windows (not other ones like a browser on a different screen mind you) and the touch input is not recognised.

I made a bug report on zen desk but never heard of it again, I made a bug post but that garnered like 10 votes. Is no-one suing touch screens or am I just doing something wrong and it works for everybody else who does?

I tried using spacedesk with a android tablet and the PMS 750 touch didn't work even though touch works for most other windows programs. I can't speak to actually using a windows touchscreen.

James

I use a faytech 10 inch touch screen with the TDS GTNXi with no problems.

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I do with air manager on two 15 inch touch screens 

Yeah me too (albeit two smaller ones). And it works a treat with the FMS of the CJ4 for example. But wanting to fly something like the TBM with its touch screens, no dice 😞 I can undock and move the native touch panels to the touch screens but not use them for input... I cannot fathom why they chose to not implement this and even less why there is a need to not forward the basic flight controls once the mouse is over said docked out panels either...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paddler said:

I use a faytech 10 inch touch screen with the TDS GTNXi with no problems.

Yeah, was thinking about that as well. But it is the same thing as the flight1 was back in the day. Hampered by not being navigraph capable and too expensive in the garmin subscription.

19 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Yeah me too (albeit two smaller ones). And it works a treat with the FMS of the CJ4 for example. But wanting to fly something like the TBM with its touch screens, no dice 😞 I can undock and move the native touch panels to the touch screens but not use them for input... I cannot fathom why they chose to not implement this and even less why there is a need to not forward the basic flight controls once the mouse is over said docked out panels either...

It’s the only reason I only use the on the CJ4.