Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

How to disable the TDS GTN750?

Hi chaps,

TDS GTN750 is pretty cool. 

However, I wonder if there's a way to stop it booting with the sim, for times when you're not flying a GTN-equipped aircraft.

Every time you boot MSFS, a TDS popup appears and it starts running two instances of the Garmin GTN trainer, which i figure can't be helpful for frame rates.

Now, I dosable things all the time by removing them from the community folder. In this case, the tds-gtnxi-gauge folder. Doesn't work, the popup still appears on sim boot and the 2x GTN trainers still run.

There is a TDS folder in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages, but it seems to be empty.

Anyone know how you can disable this program?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Right click on the little app in the system tray and exit.  It will popup a notice and then just click yes/ok.  You'll have to start it manually again if you want to use a tds equipped aircraft in the same sim session.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Posted (edited)

@ryanbatc not sure but if i understand his message correctly, maybe he wants to disable the auto-launch 'once and for all' and, as you said, then launch it manually only when needed (but not always having to close the program manually).

If that's the case @OzWhitey what you can do is edit this file and set disabled to True as shown below -> %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>TDS Sim Software GTNXi Gauge Integration</Name>
        <Path>C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-FSIntegration</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

That's the entry that is added automatically by the TDS installer to auto-launch but if you find that bothering and want to launch manually only when needed, you can certainly disable that with no risk (and re-enable by setting 'False' again if you want one day).

I have done that on my system because the fantastic TDS is not used on many aircraft yet so i prefer to launch it manually only when needed when i use one of those aircraft and not having it starting automatically every single time i launch the sim.

🍻

(note : the folder given is what i have for my Steam version, not sure if the MS-Store version of the sim stores that file elsewhere)

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

@ryanbatc not sure but if i understand his message correctly, maybe he wants to disable the auto-launch 'once and for all' and, as you said, then launch it manually only when needed (but not always having to close the program manually).

If that's the case @OzWhitey what you can do is edit this file and set disabled to True as shown below -> %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>TDS Sim Software GTNXi Gauge Integration</Name>
        <Path>C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-FSIntegration</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

That's the entry that is added automatically by the TDS installer to auto-launch but if you find that bothering and want to launch manually only when needed, you can certainly disable that with no risk (and re-enable by setting 'False' again if you want one day).

I have done that on my system because the fantastic TDS is not used on many aircraft yet so i prefer to launch it manually only when needed when i use one of those aircraft and not having it starting automatically every single time i launch the sim.

🍻

(note : the folder given is what i have for my Steam version, not sure if the MS-Store version of the sim stores that file elsewhere)

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to do, and for the same reason as you. TDS is a good GTN, but I'm flying airliners at the moment. No need to have the Garmin trainers launching in the background. They take about 3.5% of my CPU according to task manager, so I don't see the point of running them when I have no plans to use the GTN.

I also have the free PMS GTN, so that's available if I ever decide that I really did want a GTN750 after all!

Thanks for your assistance, appreciated.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."