Sign in to follow this  
AresOcana

Heavy stuttering with airliners on short final

Title. Since the sim launched i've had the game turn into a slideshow whenever i get within 100ft of the runway on airliners. However, it only happens if im doing a full flight.

What i mean is, for example, if i enter the world map, select a random airport with say the new pmdg 737 and select it only as arrival so that i spawn in short final to land the plane, the sim runs perfectly.

But if i come in to land from a full flight, the mentioned issue happens. No matter how low i set the graphics and how many performance tweaks i try, since it runs perfectly in any other situation.

The issue dissapeard in Sim Update 5, but came back on sim update 6

What could be causing this?

Ares Ocaña

1 minute ago, Beagle12 said:

sim update 6

As i said, it's been present since launch. SU5 only fixed it briefly.

Ares Ocaña

2 hours ago, AresOcana said:

Title. Since the sim launched i've had the game turn into a slideshow whenever i get within 100ft of the runway on airliners. However, it only happens if im doing a full flight.

What i mean is, for example, if i enter the world map, select a random airport with say the new pmdg 737 and select it only as arrival so that i spawn in short final to land the plane, the sim runs perfectly.

But if i come in to land from a full flight, the mentioned issue happens. No matter how low i set the graphics and how many performance tweaks i try, since it runs perfectly in any other situation.

Give me a shout if you want some tips flying MSFS on a budget limited PC................................

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxvX_z381EIz_GtG3GK9RUGCvZHS8MS58p

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Lower your LOD settings when flying complex airliners into dense areas.

I also lower AI and any other moving traffic such as cars, boats, etc.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, AresOcana said:

FPS do degrade over time for all of us (in different amounts, though, and not necessary noticeable for anyone).

Now if your FPS go really low on ANY airport (like some default small airport in the middle of nowhere and without any PG cities nearby), there is a problem on your system / setup. But as you said "full flight" I suppose you fly to bigger airports and probably with PG cities nearby. PG will tank FPS, so you can only set PG to off or reduce terrain LOD to reduce the effect.
Also check out your mods if they are updated for SU9.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Lower your LOD settings when flying complex airliners into dense areas.

I also lower AI and any other moving traffic such as cars, boats, etc.

Again, it's not a problem with my graphics settings. If i spawn on short ginal for RWY04 at LaGuardia right next to manhattan with a taxing airliner like the 737 the sim runs without issue even on higher settings.

It only happens if i've been flying for a couple hours beforehand on the same flight. Even on less demanding airport, like a default airport in a non-photogrametry city, and it happens on the lowest of settings

• Like 1

Ares Ocaña

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

FPS do degrade over time for all of us (in different amounts, though, and not necessary noticeable for anyone).

Now if your FPS go really low on ANY airport (like some default small airport in the middle of nowhere and without any PG cities nearby), there is a problem on your system / setup. But as you said "full flight" I suppose you fly to bigger airports and probably with PG cities nearby. PG will tank FPS, so you can only set PG to off or reduce terrain LOD to reduce the effect.
Also check out your mods if they are updated for SU9.

i assume that by PG you mean photogrammetry

Like i just said to DJJose, it doesn't matter where im landing. (read what i've just replied to DJJose)

I Don't have any mods, only a couple of super basic addon airports for argentina and addon aircraft.

Ares Ocaña

8 hours ago, AresOcana said:

I have that problem too, felt since forever, but not realy know when this happens first but it is a long time period now.

I tried a lot of things put down the specs on very low and tried but nothing helped..

I am using 4K and have not the very best Hardware but i think it sould do it, my settings is not Ultra, half,half between medium and high.

Seems to me the loading off the elements short before landing ( airport and part of the cities around, if happens, are causing to stop the frames and bring up this stutters for some moments )

Programmetry and Multiplayer is allways of for me, but anyway i have this Issue..

Seems a management of coding is goeing on here which is not properly optimized 🤔

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png