Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSHUD feedback ?

Any feedback from the Flight1 new Integrated ATC and AI solution would be great to read for me 😉

I have always been after a good product covering both of these areas in a flight simulator.

Please let me know your oppinions.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As a hole, very nice platform. Here are a few points for me ( after 3 flights...).

- Added realism of taxi interactions with AI adds to FS immersion

- Hearing STAR instructions to AI also adds to realism

- The UI panel is very functional

- My main 'immersion' factor for me would be to be in a STAR landing queue with spacing give by ATC. Although technically possible, it was not happened to me so far. Lacks landing AI.

- Flightplan creation has a learning curve. Its not strait simbrief cut&paste

- Wind direction for selecting AI landing runway is taken at the start of the flight, so that can be an issue

- The big one for one is CPU usage. Although performance has improve a lot since first release. Fshub still consumes ~%20 of my 8800K. So it does impact my FPS on approach and taxi out. So its sort of killer for me. With a CPU with more core, this would not be an issue.

This has the potential to become the ultimate ATC,

.... but now back to flying the PMDG 737 on MSFS. With the Fenix coming out also. I thing my MSFS/P3D usage ratio will tild towards MSFS.

Edited by vincentrouleau
Typo
  • Like 3

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Vincent,

thank you for the important feedback !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I love it and have ditched Proatc.  They have been very responsive to tickets and fix issues quite quickly.  Adds better immersion factor for me and I use it most flights.  This and "A pilots life chapter 2" have really made P3D v5 even better!   

Darcy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

As a hole, very nice platform. Here are a few points for me ( after 3 flights...).

- Added realism of taxi interactions with AI adds to FS immersion

- Hearing STAR instructions to AI also adds to realism

- The UI panel is very functional

- My main 'immersion' factor for me would be to be in a STAR landing queue with spacing give by ATC. Although technically possible, it was not happened to me so far. Lacks landing AI.

- Flightplan creation has a learning curve. Its not strait simbrief cut&paste

- Wind direction for selecting AI landing runway is taken at the start of the flight, so that can be an issue

- The big one for one is CPU usage. Although performance has improve a lot since first release. Fshub still consumes ~%20 of my 8800K. So it does impact my FPS on approach and taxi out. So its sort of killer for me. With a CPU with more core, this would not be an issue.

This has the potential to become the ultimate ATC,

.... but now back to flying the PMDG 737 on MSFS. With the Fenix coming out also. I thing my MSFS/P3D usage ratio will tild towards MSFS.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! How is the vectoring mechanism? From initial approach to landing

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Vectoring is fine but it could be a bit more communication. Landing clearance comes very late sometimes.

Two things that are still an issue for me:

1. The amount of ai traffic is much too low at many places (e.g. KSFO shows only 12-15 a/c after running at least 30 minutes).

2. Possibility to use a saved flight situation is still missing.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090 -  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 5/14/2022 at 3:51 AM, vincentrouleau said:

-- Wind direction for selecting AI landing runway is taken at the start of the flight, so that can be an issue

Quote was edited for space -- does this mean that AI can't depend on the active weather? Winds can change overtime in a flight? Can it be changed in mid-flight? And does a flight need to be generated with FSHUD or is the ATC 'real-time'? Does the real-time weather (from Active Sky) have any effect on the ATC vectoring? One last question, does the AI follow a flight plan (ala Ultimate Traffic) or are they random?

Will probably buy this once FAA terminology is used rather than ICAO. I don't fly in Europe -- only North and Central America.

Thanks!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

You can alter your approach/runway. But ,at this time, the AI landing runway will be set by the active weather at destination at time of takeoff. The AI follows SID/STARS no flight plan as the bgl does not have that info. For the MSFS beta maybe though. I don't know the source of the flightplan in the MSFS beta. This is very much a workin progress. I am sure this will evolve over time. I do believe this we be the ultimate ATC over time

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

So if the atc is canned, as it’s pre-determined by the user, how is it different in principle to the default atc?

I bought it and have made two flights so far. None of the two flights had AI traffic. The flight plannig tool it's kind of confussing/complex. Coppyiing and pasting a flight plan from Simbrief was not accepted and had to be heavily modified.

From this: KFLL.10L^FL350 FEALX1 ETECK GRUBR AR16 SEELO OGGRE Y436 PITRW STOCR3 KCLT.18C

To this: KFLL.10L^FL350 FEALX1 FEALX ETECK ETECK DCT GRUBR AR16 SEELO DCT OGGRE Y436 PITRW PITRW FLLGG STOCR3 HANDO DCT OZEJI ILS KCLT.18C

I have a ticket open and hopefully the dev can help me sort this AI traffic problem.

So far I still preffer Pro ATC/X.

5 hours ago, Samaritano said:

I bought it and have made two flights so far. None of the two flights had AI traffic. The flight plannig tool it's kind of confussing/complex. Coppyiing and pasting a flight plan from Simbrief was not accepted and had to be heavily modified.

From this: KFLL.10L^FL350 FEALX1 ETECK GRUBR AR16 SEELO OGGRE Y436 PITRW STOCR3 KCLT.18C

To this: KFLL.10L^FL350 FEALX1 FEALX ETECK ETECK DCT GRUBR AR16 SEELO DCT OGGRE Y436 PITRW PITRW FLLGG STOCR3 HANDO DCT OZEJI ILS KCLT.18C

I have a ticket open and hopefully the dev can help me sort this AI traffic problem.

So far I still preffer Pro ATC/X.

Hello,

We have respond in ticket that it seems like you are not using BGL version of AIG Traffic.
All explanation about why we decided to use BGL version could be found here:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html 

Regarding flight plan "complexity" and all of the reasons behind it was also explained in following forum:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/first-flight_topic64745.html

Mostly, simBrief integration (which would be released together with MSFS version) will ease this process. 

Thank you

• Like 1

Thank you. I replied to my post over at simforums.

When I looked in my AIG traffic folder I saw all files ending in .bgl so I assumed it was a normal traffic file and not a AIG .bgl file.

At this time I think I'm going to request a refund to Flight1.  I wish the dev team the best. I might re-visit the software if/or when the features promised are added.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:10 PM, Samaritano said:

Thank you. I replied to my post over at simforums.

When I looked in my AIG traffic folder I saw all files ending in .bgl so I assumed it was a normal traffic file and not a AIG .bgl file.

At this time I think I'm going to request a refund to Flight1.  I wish the dev team the best. I might re-visit the software if/or when the features promised are added.

AIG BGL files are "normal" BGL files and follow the default BGL file structure. So if the files end on BGL you do not use AIGFP files (the "new" traffic files)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

10 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIG BGL files are "normal" BGL files and follow the default BGL file structure. So if the files end on BGL you do not use AIGFP files (the "new" traffic files)

That’s what I thought. I do have a folder with AIGFP files and assumed those where the new AIG format. So FSHud should be reading these .BGL files and injecting traffic.