Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

Sim vs Real

Here's a comparison of screenshots and photos I took on two flights a few weeks ago. I apologise for the poor quality of some of the photos, especially those taken at night (they are from a video). I would say it looks pretty good.

ivmVNSS.jpg

• Like 9

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

ResbvaG.jpg

• Like 6

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

hiWQPNi.jpgmoErdm6.jpg

• Like 5

ncJOprk.jpg

• Like 5

um7y5KW.jpg

• Like 6

Sxew9SL.jpg

• Like 5

JCkbixn.jpg

• Like 6

gjYIW4a.jpg

• Like 5

8Q7uLZw.jpg

• Like 8

uEok9bl.jpg

• Like 6

Not59Wr.jpg

• Like 6

MBxBl6G.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for the comparison pictures. This is why we can't go back to autogen.  Autogen is simply old technology and it drags down the capability of a flight simulator.  This is also why I think XP 12 is on the wrong foot.  For me, XP 12 will always be an inferior product to MSFS unless XP 12 uses satellite and photogrammetry for the entire world, including getting a company like Blackshark AI to convert the 2D satellite objects to 3D objects.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Great shots... Ya as is very clear by now, quite hard these days to tell apart reality from screenshots, when it comes to MSFS vs reality comparisons :))

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Interestingly, contrast of ground features is IRL often much higher than in MSFS. There seem to be too low reflectivity coefficients of artificial surfaces like concrete or roofs. Other than that, hats off to Asobo for the great vizualization we have now!