Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

Sim vs Real

Thanks for the great comparison shots 👍

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

59 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks for the comparison pictures. This is why we can't go back to autogen.  Autogen is simply old technology and it drags down the capability of a flight simulator.  This is also why I think XP 12 is on the wrong foot.  For me, XP 12 will always be an inferior product to MSFS unless XP 12 uses satellite and photogrammetry for the entire world, including getting a company like Blackshark AI to convert the 2D satellite objects to 3D objects.

So for you it is all about orthos and photogrammetry? Good for you!  Flight model does not matter, avionics, accurate weather, much better SDK...

When it is MSFS you all like: "it is a 10 years old project!!! Be patient" 

Meanwhile even x-plane 11 is better at all of the above excluding orthos (that can be done for free yeah?), x-plane 12 will be even more better at those, will it still be inferior product if so?  And will even have native seasons and better trees.

Dear abrams, stop the almost promotional comments of yours please 😉

And no please don't mention LMDG, as an x-plane user I don't care, we already have much better than the same PMDG 737 from pretty much more than a decade ago. Yawn.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Meanwhile x-plane 12 might better at all of the above excluding orthos, will it still be inferior product if so? 

Key word here is 'might'. I don't think you should denigrate others for 'promotional comments' when you do the same exact thing...?

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Congratulations @mtaxp

You just managed to turn this into another X-Plane vs. X discussion...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Those screenshots certainly demonstrate how realistic MSFS looks. In fact, the most significant deviation that I could see compared to reality was the total lack of lighting on the Bay Bridge!

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Key word here is 'might'. I don't think you should denigrate others for 'promotional comments' when you do the same exact thing...?

You contradict yourself, I did say might, which suggests i'm not sure, hence not promotional. But they are working on those, fact.

Meanwhile, no one in this thread mentioned x-plane 12, as always he does that, so don't be surprised that others confront him with a different opinion when he claims that the *unreleased* xp12 is inferior.

*Why is he allowed to mention xp12 in here while i'm not allowed to express my own opinion about it?*

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

So for you it is all about orthos and photogrammetry? Good for you!  Flight model does not matter, avionics, accurate weather, much better Yawn.

… followed by a wall of the usual blah, blah

The exit is over there, just below the EXIT sign 😉

• Like 4

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Congratulations @mtaxp

You just managed to turn this into another X-Plane vs. X discussion...

No, it was @abrams_tank.

You guys don't like others challenge your opinion.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for posting your comparison shots !

MFS looks great visually !!!

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

The exit is over there, just below the EXIT sign 😉

Same for you! I'm a an avsim user just like you, you can ignore me and move on other than joining the "I accept only pro MSFS opinions" parade.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

You contradict yourself, I did say might, which suggests i'm not sure, hence not promotional. But they are working on those, fact.

Meanwhile, no one in this thread mentioned x-plane 12, as always he does that, so don't be surprised that others confront him with a different opinion when he claims that the *unreleased* xp12 is inferior.

Why is he allowed to mention xp12 while i'm not allowed to express my own opinion?

"Meanwhile even x-plane 11 is better at all of the above excluding orthos (that can be done for free yeah?), x-plane 12 will be even more better at those, will it still be inferior product if so?  And will even have native seasons and better trees."

Is the quote above promotional or not? 

• Like 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Sorry, but RL just doesn't look good enough for me, I'll wait fo the next world update.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

You guys didn't know that yet? LOL I knew that since alpha! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

17 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

so don't be surprised that others confront him with a different opinion when he claims that the *unreleased* xp12 is inferior.

You're the guy who promised XP12 to be released in 2021, but at least  before the PMDG 737, right? Gonna enter all-in childish mode now: Nanana, told ya so! 😛

17 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

You can stream orthos in live without having to spend hours downloading and installing? The top feature of MSFS in my opinion. Lots of working people only have a few hours per week they can invest, so this comes in very handy.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved