Sign in to follow this  
wiggum

What default Asobo aircraft are considered to be ok or good?

52 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Oops, forgot about the TBM... 😣🥴😎

The modded version is great.

is the modded version working in SU9?

Enrique Vaamonde

With all the new, exciting payware releases, it is easy to forget just how good (most of) the default aircraft now are. Some of them weren't great at release but have been improved.  Both the G1000 and Analogue C172 are just superb now; they received a fantastic update at SU9, with new FDE / flight handling characteristics, and those planes are one of the few (if any others?) where you can see your yoke actually moving around when the AP is on. It's really such an immersive plane to fly..... and it's default! (Remember the FSX default planes??).

My personal favourite defaults are:-

1. Analogue C172
  2. G1000 C172
  3. DA40NG (especially with the amazing enhancement pack)
  4. DA62 (especially with the amazing enhancement pack)
  5. Cirrus SR22 (Now decent FDE and with the G1000 NXi, it's a fantastic performance platform for that avionics suite).
  6. TBM (Should be higher up most people's list; it's just not really my type of plane, but it's super sweet now).
  7. C208 (Again, with the G1000 NXi it's just a great TP platform)
  8. Bonanza G58 (especially with enhancement mod)
  9. NX Cub.

As a UL / LSA flyer I adore the VL3 but the FDE are not there yet for that model.  There is a 912 (and 915) mod but to me it's still not quite 'on the numbers' yet.   If it received an Asobo update such as the C172 one, it would probably go to the top of my list.

Default aircraft I personally don't enjoy; The DA40TDi - I love this model in real life; one of the first "TDIs", and with analogue gauges; but the FDE is off, and the cockpit is so sparse; just a GNS430 (the 530 would have been much better). There's also no AP, and no way of 'activating' the AP functionality as it's a premium plane, so the engine and system files are encrypted.   The CTSL;  overpowered and flies nothing like the real plane.  DA20; same issues as with the DA40TDI; just needs an Asobo update.  

But overall.... even if we were restricted to the default planes, and addons weren't a thing; I'd still fly the heck out of this sim and love every minute.

This is a new golden age in flight sim!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Depends what you mean by "good" . For some people that means being close to the real aircraft for others it means easy to fly with no bugs. Also whether you include modded versions.

The C152 is generally regarded as one of the better default aircraft.

Personally I like both the Baron and the Pipistrel Virus (very under-rated) from the premium Deluxe pack.

In terms of modded default aircraft, The C152 mods, Rob Young's Turbo Bonanza mod and the Working Title CJ4 mod are all excellent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evaamo said:

is the modded version working in SU9?

Not without editing, but one edit does the trick for now.  I did the recommended edit and have been flying it with no issues (outside of the standard ASOBO/ WT g3000 work-arounds).

• Like 2

Randall Rocke

8 hours ago, RandallR said:

Not without editing, but one edit does the trick for now.  I did the recommended edit and have been flying it with no issues (outside of the standard ASOBO/ WT g3000 work-arounds).

Same.

There's one LOD file that has to be copied from the (SU9) default TBM, to the Mod version; then all works perfectly.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

When I first got MSFS I tried only 2, the C 152 ( which I didn't care for and I got my license in a C 152), and the C 172 which I thought was better. I then started buying payware aircraft and haven't touched a default aircraft since. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I currently fly mostly the defaul Caravan with the WT G1000. Feels so much heavier then the 172. Next will probably be the Working Title CJ4 or the Kodiak.

Currently i fly with the Xbox controller, thinking about getting a Logitech Throttle quadrant for better immersion.

I need a analoge stick to controll the free cam (dont want track IR) and i dont want rudder pedals. A yoke would be to bulky and i dont like the thought of having to mount and take off all the time since i cant have it permanently at my desk and mostly i fly short trips like 30min to 1h.

18 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

and the Pipistrel Virus (very under-rated) from the premium Deluxe pack

I have to agree with this. I had not even touched this plane for the first year and a half after MSFS was released, because it just didn't look like my type. Bad mistake. This plane is super fun to fly, the cockpit features look and operate great, and it is a very capable little airplane. And, as Glenn Fitzpatrick said, it is very under-rated and oft overlooked. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

@JIW

Can you please tell us what file exactly has to be copied into where exactly?

Thank you

Ernst

If you're talking about the TBM, this was posted a while back.  This made the TBM930 Improvement MOD compatible w/SU9 (also, be sure to add the WT g3000 Mod)

A possible fix for SU9 issues (at least works for me): replace TBM930_interior_LOD00.gltf file in the mod with the original one from SU9. The file can be found in:

asobo-aircraft-tbm930\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_TBM930\model

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke