Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vilk

How do I cure a "jittery" Cessna?

Guest azflyboy

I've been involved with MSFS for about 10 years now, but recently I've run into a problem I can't seem to solve with an addon aircraft for FSX.The "problem aircraft" is the superb Cessna 150 from http://drk.free.fr/tutoriels/creation/c150_en.php, which works just fine in FSX, but vibrates on the ground as well as in flight when seen from the VC view, regardless of speed or if the engine is running or not. I've tried playing with the engine variables in the aircraft.cfg, as well as some other areas of the.cfg to see if I could cure the jitters, but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas how I can cure this vibration issue?

Guest Vilk

sorry, no idea how to help, but i'll be watching this thread. i like a lot about this plane despite it being an fs9 model which doesn't port completely. perhaps if we get rid of the vibration it will become flyable--as is, it gobbles up half of my fps :-(

Guest DK8290

hehe...I thought this was a feature << guilty of never actually flying in a GA plane in reality .I thought it gave a feeling of engine vibration ... maybe I'm wrong ?

Guest allcott

I dontl have it (the plane, not the jitters) but have you tried looking at the loadout? This used to happen in FS9 when there was an overload. Try knocking the fuel back - the 150 can't carry more than a milk bottles worth with two POB anyway.Allcott

Guest Vilk

still no answer, but at least i found out why the plane gives me 8 fps where i get 25 from the somewhat more complex default 172. twenty separate panels in the virtual cockpit! looks like fsx inherited the dependency of fps on panel number... in any case, ouch :-)