Sign in to follow this  
somiller

MSFS - avia CDU functions not synced with sim

Mark,

I encountered a situation last night where some of the functions in the ground services for the MSFS PMDG 737 were not synced with avia CDU. Example: I was going to deboard passengers and using avia CDU entered 0 for passenger count at which point the "Start" function remained gray on avia CDU, but switched to green on the sim CDU. I was not able to initiate deboarding with avia CDU but I could initiate with the sim CDU. Same happened with cargo unload - "Start" was green on sim CDU but remained gray on avia CDU.

Kind regards,

Steven Miller

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I can confirm the same thing. I just installed both the PMDG 737 for MSFS yesterday together with aviaServer followed by buying a license for aviaCDU.

All in all, it worked like a charm but seems to be some of the pages in the PMDG 737 CDU which are currently not fully synced. I noticed this both on the pages described in the previous post but also for some of the various PMDG and FS options and settings pages.

Hopefully this is something just overlooked by @marcom which quite easily can be addressed.

Richard Åsberg

3 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I can confirm the same thing. I just installed both the PMDG 737 for MSFS yesterday together with aviaServer followed by buying a license for aviaCDU.

All in all, it worked like a charm but seems to be some of the pages in the PMDG 737 CDU which are currently not fully synced. I noticed this both on the pages described in the previous post but also for some of the various PMDG and FS options and settings pages.

Hopefully this is something just overlooked by @marcom which quite easily can be addressed.

I'm afraid it's not that simple and we probably need PMDG to look into this. It's not like I'm selecting what data to visualize... instead, I get the data passed by the aircraft and visualize everything that I receive.

So if something isn't synced / shown, chances are that the aircraft is not sending the information.

Best would be to open a ticket with PMDG provided you have steps that are easily reproducable.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

24 minutes ago, marcom said:

I'm afraid it's not that simple and we probably need PMDG to look into this. It's not like I'm selecting what data to visualize... instead, I get the data passed by the aircraft and visualize everything that I receive.

So if something isn't synced / shown, chances are that the aircraft is not sending the information.

Best would be to open a ticket with PMDG provided you have steps that are easily reproducable.

Ah...I see. Well, if that's what happening, I guess we might have to learn to live with these shortcomings for the foreseeable future. From the experience I have, I don't see how this kind of issue would end up very high on PMDG's prio list of things to fix. Unless it also affects many other mods, addons, software etc...

Need more time and more testing to know for sure what works and what doesn't.

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

22 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Ah...I see. Well, if that's what happening, I guess we might have to learn to live with these shortcomings for the foreseeable future. From the experience I have, I don't see how this kind of issue would end up very high on PMDG's prio list of things to fix. Unless it also affects many other mods, addons, software etc...

Need more time and more testing to know for sure what works and what doesn't.

Yeah, I'd have to do more detailed testing, but what with work and all I barely have time to fly, let alone do the testing. I hate to have to say it but I have to go with WebMaximus and just accept it for now in hopes PMDG will get it worked out eventually.

Mark should I decide to open a ticket with PMDG is it okay for my to quote your statement where you indicate fmc state info isn't being sent by PMDG for use by aviaServer?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

To add to the discussion, in all honesty I think it would make more sense for Mark to reach out to PMDG to discuss/report this issue. Rather than having individual customers create support tickets with PMDG on behalf of Mark and his software not working correctly with the product it's designed for.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Well Mark specifically suggested one of us experiencing the issue should open a ticket with PMDG, so there's that.

During my 2 hour flight last night from KAFW to KTOL I didn't have a problem with sync between 737 CDU and avia CDU. When on the ground all ground services synced and were not a problem - at least on the 737-BDSF

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1