Sign in to follow this  
clarklidbury

MSFS2020 Linda4.1.41 VRi MCP2-Boeing Display issue

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my MCP-II Boeing MCP to LCD display anything using even just the default MSFS2020 aircraft profile.

Relevant info:
Linda version 4.1.4a (tried a "reinstall" of the file structure)
FUSIPC version 7 (tried an uninstall and reinstall. It is installed directly on my main drive eg. C:\FSUIPC7
I confirmed my com port using VRi.exe and used the automatic setup function to add the relevant lines to the fsuipc ini file (and checked manually its there)
Linda Configuration checklist says Everything is OK
Linda is set to run in admin mode for windows
I have tried reloading the LUA engine whilst in cockpit.
I am able to click on the MCP menu option in Linda and can see that the default module has auto-populated some control assignments. The sim doesnt register them though.
FSUIPC7 itself seems to "see" the MCP - ie. if I go to assign a button in FSUIPC i can press a button and it will show in FSUIPC and then the sim registers it also.
I know its different - but my install of Linda for P3dV5 works fine with the MCP display

I am running out of ideas. The strange thing is - it used to work just fine - then something changed last week but I cannot figure out what?

Could it be the order of starting the sim and FSUIPC and Linda? I have seen your notes regarding this but it doesnt seem to help. Is there a specific MSFS2020 FSUIPC7 setting I have missed? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Clark

I would need to see the logs to see why LINDA is not initialising correctly - not displaying READY. Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs.

A couple of other things to check:

• Are you using a fully paid version of FSUIPC7? Did you click Register when installing?
  • Ensure that Power Management is turned off for the VRI USB port (see LINDA Support thread).
  • Does the MCP ‘flash’ when FSUIPC7 starts? Does the displayed message change?
  • Does the MCP display some flight data when LINDA starts?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,

1. paid version
2. yep, checked that
3. yes it does, it shows MCP-II/ Boeing Type v1.100, Select Your Aircraft and Fly Now.
4. Sometimes just 0000 or ----, some other time it produced some numbers that are different from the numbers in the cockpit. The knobs and buttones work but it looks like the MCP doesn't get any information back from MSFS2020. 

Thnaks in advance!

Jaap

Hi Andrew,

I'm guessing @Krekal325 is having similar problems to me perhaps.

Anyway,
1.Yes I have the paid and registered version of FSUIPC7
2. I have unchecked all boxed related to power management as descibed in the other thread - note: I did not see the Vri listed in the "setup joysticks" menu of Linda
3. YES the display "flashes" when FSUIPC starts but the display does not change from the default "MCP-II/Boeing Type v1.100 Vrinsight, Flight Dream Supplier
4. The MCP display does not change when Linda is opened.

stby for the logs as requested - THANK YOU ANDREW!!!

18 hours ago, clarklidbury said:

I did not see the Vri listed in the "setup joysticks" menu of Linda

The VRi MCP is a USB and Serial Com Port not a joystick. In LINDA it comes under Setup VRI Panel.

18 hours ago, clarklidbury said:

The MCP display does not change when Linda is opened.

Check that the correct VRI Com Port is selected.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew