Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Asobo is hiring! Beginner coders welcome to apply!

So you go into the menu to select Dev mode, and there's now a cute little pop-up that invites you to apply for a job coding for Asobo.

TjtPH0U.jpg

Fantastic, right?

Except - the clown who programmed this pop-up is so word not allowed incompetent that it crashes the sim. That's right, every time I go into this screen, the sim now freezes. Before their drunk coder made this feature, dev mode worked fine. Now, all inputs are ineffective, there's no way to leave the page, and you just have to close down the sim and start again.

What the word not allowed, Asobo?

Seriously, you guys can't even program a word not allowed pop-up without major bugs??

Is this a cry for help? "We like planes, but we're really not that great at coding, so please come and save us?"

Or is it programmed by the rogue coder who keeps adding new bugs to the service updates? What is their hiring process like? HR: "Oh...this 'Hello World' program you wrote is really sick! You're on the team!"

Do you guys get this problem? If it's just me, I guess I'll be honored that Asobo wants my coding skills so badly that they trap me on the recruiting screen. Spoiler, Asobo bros - I peaked when I was coding sims for the Commodore Vic 20. If you're happy for me to code in Basic and a bit of assembly, I guess I'm willing to come on board. My assembly is rusty, so it's going to be mainly Basic. Still should be able to get you guys better frame rates than your current team.

So, uh, if anyone else is getting the same problem - is there a fix? I haven't been able to get into Dev Mode for a couple of days now, and there's some dev stuff that I really need to do. Thanks for any advice on how to fix it.

And to the Asobo guy who coded the pop-up: My advice, don't give up your day job. Oh...this is your day job.

🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Ha, maybe they had the same issue on their end and decided "well, maybe we better hire a few new coders"  😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Already discussed: 

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

So, for anyone else who is stuck here, the solution is to ALT + ENTER into windowed mode, and then the pop-up can be closed.

You can then follow the recruiting link to this:

SDK QA Tester (FLIGHT SIM)

Bordeaux

May 2, 2022

Share this job offer

Your goal: Test the SDK and the "Developer Mode" of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Are they joking?? Surely...surely they must be? Oh god, I don't think they are. They've inserted a recruiting ad into the program to hire someone to perform QA testing on the developer mode...and that ad crashes the developer mode page of the sim!

Lol, nice work lads.

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Maybe there's some kind of hidden meaning, like:

- If you are a real coder, you will probably be able to get figure it out how to get rid of that nag screen by yourself. Since real coders never run the sim in full screen, because they always have multiple applications/debuggers/compilers/editors opened, we played this trick on you, by showing a dialog that can't be suppressed until you go back to windowed mode, which would be the only mode you'll ever use anyway.

In addition to that, since we purposely added a link that doesn't work ( not sure about the QR, but the hyperlink doesn't open anything, perhaps I also failed the test... ), since the job position is in QA SDK, your first task should be reporting the bug to us.

- If you are not a real coder, just don't bother with Dev Mode, turn if off, and just play the game in full screen, like you are supposed to.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Are they joking?? Surely...surely they must be? Oh god, I don't think they are. They've inserted a recruiting ad into the program to hire someone to perform QA testing on the developer mode...and that ad crashes the developer mode page of the sim!

Well, that checks out. Some SDK QA is needed.

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

it's going to be mainly Basic. Still should be able to get you guys better frame rates than your current team.

really? better frame rates without GPU programming, DirectX and c++ ? please tell us more. I am quite happy currently with 35 - 40 fps in VR. if you will increase that in BASIC -  more power to you. how about HELLO WORLD in 3D, for starters 😊

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

They’re offering jobs. And people cry about a bug. Avsim at its best. 

Don’t you guys have a real life with real problems?

Edited by MySound

25 minutes ago, MySound said:

They’re offering jobs. And people cry about a bug. Avsim at its best. 

Don’t you guys have a real life with real problems?

They’re offering QA jobs with a pop-up that crashes the sim. You don’t find that funny? No? Oh, I guess not.

As for the “don’t you have a real life with real problems” comment. Lol, yes, let’s all fill this forum with talk about those. Actually, let’s not.

• Like 4

Oz

31 minutes ago, turbomax said:

really? better frame rates without GPU programming, DirectX and c++ ? please tell us more. I am quite happy currently with 35 - 40 fps in VR. if you will increase that in BASIC -  more power to you. how about HELLO WORLD in 3D, for starters 😊

I'm used to working in a 3.5 kilobyte environment (Vic-20 has 5 KB, but you can only access 3.5KB). So not sure how my BASIC skills will translate to VR programming - I guess we'll see if our French developer friends give my that job.

I still think I could program a pop-up in BASIC that doesn't crash the sim, so I guess that would be a win for Asobo. 🙂

• Like 2

Oz

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Maybe there's some kind of hidden meaning, like:

- If you are a real coder, you will probably be able to get figure it out how to get rid of that nag screen by yourself. Since real coders never run the sim in full screen, because they always have multiple applications/debuggers/compilers/editors opened, we played this trick on you, by showing a dialog that can't be suppressed until you go back to windowed mode, which would be the only mode you'll ever use anyway.

In addition to that, since we purposely added a link that doesn't work ( not sure about the QR, but the hyperlink doesn't open anything, perhaps I also failed the test... ), since the job position is in QA SDK, your first task should be reporting the bug to us.

- If you are not a real coder, just don't bother with Dev Mode, turn if off, and just play the game in full screen, like you are supposed to.

Wrong

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

Wrong

Should have placed by <Joke> tags, if that wasn't already obvious ?

P.S.

Sorry, I forgot to close the tag, I must be bad coder after all...

</Joke>

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I'm used to working in a 3.5 kilobyte environment

and how does that qualify you for a programming environment 40 years later (DirectX 12, c++, GPU programming) with gigabytes of RAM available? the TV repair man was used to soldering iron in a tubes and transistor environment, we still have TVs, but those skills are totally useless today. a little more appreciation of what MS/Asobo have achieved please.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

9 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

So you go into the menu to select Dev mode, and there's now a cute little pop-up that invites you to apply for a job coding for Asobo.

Fantastic, right?

Except - the clown who programmed this pop-up is so word not allowed incompetent that it crashes the sim. That's right, every time I go into this screen, the sim now freezes. Before their drunk coder made this feature, dev mode worked fine. Now, all inputs are ineffective, there's no way to leave the page, and you just have to close down the sim and start again.

What the word not allowed, Asobo?

Seriously, you guys can't even program a word not allowed pop-up without major bugs??

Is this a cry for help? "We like planes, but we're really not that great at coding, so please come and save us?"

Or is it programmed by the rogue coder who keeps adding new bugs to the service updates? What is their hiring process like? HR: "Oh...this 'Hello World' program you wrote is really sick! You're on the team!"

Do you guys get this problem? If it's just me, I guess I'll be honored that Asobo wants my coding skills so badly that they trap me on the recruiting screen. Spoiler, Asobo bros - I peaked when I was coding sims for the Commodore Vic 20. If you're happy for me to code in Basic and a bit of assembly, I guess I'm willing to come on board. My assembly is rusty, so it's going to be mainly Basic. Still should be able to get you guys better frame rates than your current team.

So, uh, if anyone else is getting the same problem - is there a fix? I haven't been able to get into Dev Mode for a couple of days now, and there's some dev stuff that I really need to do. Thanks for any advice on how to fix it.

And to the Asobo guy who coded the pop-up: My advice, don't give up your day job. Oh...this is your day job.

🙂

A horrible post .....

18 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

A horrible post .....

But an honest one....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow