Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

737-700 Dirtmasking

Hi simmers 😃

At the moment i am doeing some dirtmasking on the 737-7.

Here some first shots how it goes, still some and more work to do..

I am using therfor the AirBerlin paint scheme, this is not done from me but can be DL from flightsim.to.

And i am doeing this because i like to have some dirty planes from the 737-7`s 😋

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

At the moment only engines and ruders are done, more ore less..

cheers 😉

• Like 7

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I am loving this! Looking forward to seeing more pics as you continue. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

I am loving this! Looking forward to seeing more pics as you continue. 

Thank you, i will continue but takes some time..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

Very nice pics!

Thank you bro ! 😘

cheers 😉

• Like 2

spacer.png

Very nice @pmplayer!

When I finish my Air Berlin, you're more than welcome to add the dirt to her and re-release her. 

Not to discourage other painters, but that AB has a lot of issues in some areas...looks like he just did a straight port from a P3d paint.  You can use most of the P3D paint, but you have to either erase the placards all around the aircraft and let the included decal sheet render them in super high fidelity...or delete (or blank) your decal sheet so you dont have double stickers like you see on his engine.  Also...something went really wrong on the transfer of the belly air berlin text.

Mine will be done from scratch with the just-released PMDG paintkit for MSFS.

Gx7AVQ.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Splendid results Sir !! .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Very nice @pmplayer!

When I finish my Air Berlin, you're more than welcome to add the dirt to her and re-release her. 

Not to discourage other painters, but that AB has a lot of issues in some areas...looks like he just did a straight port from a P3d paint.  You can use most of the P3D paint, but you have to either erase the placards all around the aircraft and let the included decal sheet render them in super high fidelity...or delete (or blank) your decal sheet so you dont have double stickers like you see on his engine.  Also...something went really wrong on the transfer of the belly air berlin text.

Mine will be done from scratch with the just-released PMDG paintkit for MSFS.

Gx7AVQ.png

Thanks for your kind words and your offer to use your AB with my dirt paintmasks . 👍🏽

cheers 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png

Thanks guys !

Did some update on the dirtmasking on more sections as doors, bottom of the plane and the windows..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So still a bit more to do: Optimize at all, and the cargo doors needs some love aswell..

It's always a constant trial and error with the dirt masks because it shouldn't be too much and not too little, so it's always difficult to find the right balance. In the end, it's also a matter of personal opinion for everyone.

I think that's about how I imagine it..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 5/14/2022 at 12:01 PM, pmplayer said:

And I am doing this because i like to have some dirty planes from the 737-7`s 😋

+1....

And Steve D approves it too, so we're good, here...🙂...keep up the nice work...!!

• Like 1