Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Best MSFS Flight Ever

After more than a year, I just had without a doubt my best flight ever in MSFS. Just a short hop from Liverpool to Dublin in the KLM PMDG 737 and now I am starting to worry that all the money spent on P3D is going to become obsolete. Of course I will still use P3D, but I think for the first time MSFS has become real for me. I think we may have turned a corner.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 20

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

After more than a year, I just had without a doubt my best flight ever in MSFS. Just a short hop from Liverpool to Dublin in the KLM PMDG 737 and now I am starting to worry that all the money spent on P3D is going to become obsolete. Of course I will still use P3D, but I think for the first time MSFS has become real for me. I think we may have turned a corner.

Cheers, Pete

We turned it long ago for GA in MSFS hehe - but yes I agree for people flying airliners - this is the first one to really hit home.  The CRJ was just okay and you can tell it was more or less aimed at a broad audience.

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I think MSFS started to turn a corner with the recent incarnations of the FBW A320, but now in May 2022 with all the high fidelity airliner jets along with some great GA like the C310 & C414 it's full steam ahead! I suppose another corner awaits with proper helicopters and glider support coming later this year, and then also high fidelity heavies , and on and on :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

22 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

Same thing happened to me.  Just like that it feels like I'm abruptly retiring from P3D.  All i can hope is that majestic gets us the Q400 sooner rather than later. 

• Like 12

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A few years ago I couldn't even imagine flying in such a great sim as MSFS.  Like a dream come true.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yesterday I decided to move my X-Plane 11 installation out of my 1TB NVME Sim drive to a backup drive. I cannot remember the last time I few in it. I did fire it up first and have a look at the FF A320, The whole Sim and the A320 felt a little dated. It did serve me well I have to say but for me I am more than happy with MSFS 2020.

I haven't ever had major issues with the updates and the sim looks just gorgeous, I really need to start flying in other continents other than North America & Europe though, I am probably missing out on a lot lol.

Things can only get better from here 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

A few years ago I couldn't even imagine flying in such a great sim as MSFS.  Like a dream come true.

And Bob, do give PMDG the benefit of doubt... I did and bought the 737 and... I am really Happy! with pretty much everything about it !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Yesterday I decided to move my X-Plane 11 installation out of my 1TB NVME Sim drive to a backup drive. I cannot remember the last time I few in it. I did fire it up first and have a look at the FF A320, The whole Sim and the A320 felt a little dated. It did serve me well I have to say but for me I am more than happy with MSFS 2020.

I haven't ever had major issues with the updates and the sim looks just gorgeous, I really need to start flying in other continents other than North America & Europe though, I am probably missing out on a lot lol.

Things can only get better from here 🙂

For inspiration I sometimes use this - FlightConnections - All flights worldwide on a map!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Instant switch for me since PMDG 737 became available. I'm enjoying flight sim like never before. Only hope is to have historical weather.

• Like 2

Sergio Naiberg

17 minutes ago, jcomm said:

And Bob, do give PMDG the benefit of doubt... I did and bought the 737 and... I am really Happy! with pretty much everything about it !!!

There’s no question that it is the PMDG 737 that changed everything for me. Honestly I fly the 737 90% of the time so I may not need another jet. I also love the 700 so I am a happy camper.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

34 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Another Study Level GA plane comming and for only 24$!!!! 

(8) FSReborn - Sting S4 | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] - YouTube

Im not an Ultralight fan but that one looks sweet!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I’m an XP11 pilot and have been for a good few years but I have been keeping a very close eye on the 737 and I jumped on board too yesterday and bought PMDG’s 737 and I too am very pleased with it….I’ve been flying back and forward  between Dublin and Liverpool all day just getting used to it etc….it’s really great! 

Regards

Paul EGCC

• Like 3

Regards

Paul EGCC

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Is there any ETA yet?

developer said that hopefully next week.

• Like 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane