Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Best MSFS Flight Ever

Just now, Japo32 said:

developer said that hopefully next week.

ouh great! thanks!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

After more than a year, I just had without a doubt my best flight ever in MSFS. Just a short hop from Liverpool to Dublin in the KLM PMDG 737 and now I am starting to worry that all the money spent on P3D is going to become obsolete. Of course I will still use P3D, but I think for the first time MSFS has become real for me. I think we may have turned a corner.

Cheers, Pete

Honestly, if Asobo and/or the 3rd party world can figure out how to reproduce P3D-level commercial AI, I think the last of the P3Ders will fold their tents.

• Like 2

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

whoops...post below>

Edited by simon747

Simon

3 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

Honestly, if Asobo and/or the 3rd party world can figure out how to reproduce P3D-level commercial AI, I think the last of the P3Ders will fold their tents.

Alternatively, you can fly on VATSIM or other ATC networks.  All the planes you see are controlled by other human players, just as you would expect in real life.

There is also live traffic. For me, I don’t think I have really used AI traffic in MSFS, I usually pick live traffic.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

but yes I agree for people flying airliners - this is the first one to really hit home.  

Good way of putting it for sure!  All my flights in the Pmdg 737 MSFS have been truly awesome!  What a difference in how the simulator works for me now.

• Like 2

Simon

For me, the MV 310, JF 146 and then the PMDG 737 just pushed my MSFS happiness over the edge. I am super happy with the state of the sim right now. Granted there is work to be done, but for me everything performs great...all my aircraft, my sim controls, the sim itself. It's all just working. Definitely a great time to be an MSFS simmer 😄 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

From pretty much the day MSFS came out, the arrival of high fidelity tubeliners was what a lot of people were waiting for I know.  Glad that the quality has lived up to expectations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

There’s no question that it is the PMDG 737 that changed everything for me. Honestly I fly the 737 90% of the time so I may not need another jet. I also love the 700 so I am a happy camper.

Cheers, Pete

Did my KLM straight cheatline livery make you an even happier camper? 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm having so much fun right now in the AS CRJ which really has become quite capable.  Lack of an auto-throttle help make this plane a great choice for A Pilot's Life v2 since you are scored per flight on a nice set of criteria and an active developer.  Right now I'm stuck working for one airline, Endeavor, with a limited schedule and were it not for the fact you have to fly this thing it would be a real drag as I'm temporarily giving up the whole planet to play in this venue.  The dev has essentially promised an option soon to get out of the restrictive schedules for additional flights that will be scored so can't wait for that.  I really like APLv2 so far but will be anxious to get the ad hoc option asap.  Works very well w/ PACX and I only do airliners so it's a great fit. I find RT Online Traffic getting managed better and better but still is being tweaked.  I love that ATC interacts w/ real traffic and my own flight.  If you're really starting to feel great about MSFS know this:  it's nowhere near 'done' yet and expect more improvements to come from all angles is my prediction.

Next plane will be PMDG 737 but I will likely wait til the 800 as...I'm already having so much fun and good things come to those....

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

After more than a year, I just had without a doubt my best flight ever in MSFS. Just a short hop from Liverpool to Dublin in the KLM PMDG 737 and now I am starting to worry that all the money spent on P3D is going to become obsolete. Of course I will still use P3D, but I think for the first time MSFS has become real for me. I think we may have turned a corner.

Cheers, Pete

I feel you, I have several thousand pounds worth of P3D and X-plane software! All now obsolete! But after flying the 737 and reading the closed beta statement from Fenix I have no regrets.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Despite all the additions, we are impatiently waiting for something from A2A

• Like 1

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

MSFS finally feels like it's in its prime now. I've been a day 1 user and loved it but it's awesome now that the heavies are arriving and airliner ops is feeling just as good as GA has.

I honestly can't think of a single reason to use P3D any more. That sim had its day and kept the FSX/ESP platform alive for a long, long time. But we finally have something far better now in this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S