Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

Does this program assign star based on sim metar and does it offer a way to get the correct destination weather at top of decent,thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just to confirm:

1. Does it assign proper vectors and speeds?

2. Does it vector away from mountains?

3. Does it use accents? Text to speech?

4. Can the window be minimized or moved to a 2nd monitor?

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

Does this program assign star based on sim metar and does it offer a way to get the correct destination weather at top of decent,thanks

It assigns it at the beginning due to the fact that weather is not adjustable (yet) in MSFS. Hopefully they will expand the weather SDK. But! You can change your runway at any time before TOD.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

1. Does it assign proper vectors and speeds?

2. Does it vector away from mountains?

3. Does it use accents? Text to speech?

4. Can the window be minimized or moved to a 2nd monitor?

Speeds are set by the pilot, but it does assign proper vectors using SIDS/STARS/Transitions/Airways.

It does use proper airspace and procedures, so it should keep you away from mountains.

5 voices are included. We will be expanding more voices after MSFS/Simbrief version releases. This will include more accents. It uses a pseudo text to speech... yes, but not simply text to speech.

It can be minimized and moved to a separate monitor, but P3D needs to be the active window. See https://www.simforums.com/forums/wishlist_topic64746_post417644.html

• Like 3

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

13 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

Speeds are set by the pilot, but it does assign proper vectors using SIDS/STARS/Transitions/Airways.

It does use proper airspace and procedures, so it should keep you away from mountains.

does it give altitudes, speeds and vectors to final for airports without procedures?

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

5 voices are included. We will be expanding more voices after MSFS/Simbrief version releases. This will include more accents. It uses a pseudo text to speech... yes, but not simply text to speech.

It can be minimized and moved to a separate monitor, but P3D needs to be the active window. See https://www.simforums.com/forums/wishlist_topic64746_post417644.html

Sign me up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FSHud said:

That's correct. 
But beside of that I think MSFS real world traffic can't provide you all schedules for all aircrafts. You can just "capture" what is currently flying.
The FSHud is not traffic "interceptor" - it needs to know complete schedule for aircraft registration including flight plan to inject it as close as possible to location it should be at current time - not
sure how relevant MSFS real traffic...
For the future plans - at some point (hopefully) - FSHud could inject real traffic by itself.

If this software can manage to have in some way the real traffic, in real time, and to be able to managing it with me inside, i have no doubt to buy at day 0.9.

At that point dreaming to have a system able to give a holding pattern is not so far. Who knows in the future.

@Steve Halpern

Starting to follow this now.  I use voxatc in P3D with AiG..[nothing in MSFS 😞 ]

1. Can existing external voices be used?

2. Any plans for speech recognition/voice control.input? Sorry but text interfaces just break immersion for me...

3. Just IFR, or VFR also?

thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

1. Can existing external voices be used?

2. Any plans for speech recognition/voice control.input? Sorry but text interfaces just break immersion for me...

3. Just IFR, or VFR also?

1. No... special voices and processing are used... it is not as if a voice is local to your PC and text is passed to it.

2. Something like that has been discussed with "preliminary" architecture reviewed and some proof-of-concept testing. It would not be completely free-speak and would likely have to be linear in nature. We understand this could be an important piece to the overall puzzle and allow for an additional level of immersion.

3. Yes, just IFR initially... VFR is planned at some point after MSFS release.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

11 hours ago, ShawnG said:

does it give altitudes, speeds and vectors to final for airports without procedures

It can vector you for an ILS approach for example... and you report to ATC once you pick up the localizer. I did a flight where I departed under a SID, and had to do a vectored ILS approach. I was not given speeds. There are several things that we are looking at (including speeds)... for example, defining the landing distance for your aircraft (with passenger and fuel load, etc) to help define the taxiway used after landing.

I do want to clarify that I personally am not an ATC expert so I do not want to misspeak... I of course use the software and it is helping me LEARN atc. I do not think I would take a flight without it... but, for more advanced questions do post over at the official forum where FSHud can more easily reply (or others who are more advanced in ATC than I). It is an open forum and anyone can register... https://www.simforums.com/forums/fshud-air-traffic-control_forum59.html

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

1 hour ago, Steve Halpern said:

1. No... special voices and processing are used... it is not as if a voice is local to your PC and text is passed to it.

2. Something like that has been discussed with "preliminary" architecture reviewed and some proof-of-concept testing. It would not be completely free-speak and would likely have to be linear in nature. We understand this could be an important piece to the overall puzzle and allow for an additional level of immersion.

3. Yes, just IFR initially... VFR is planned at some point after MSFS release.

Thanks Steve, wish you good luck with it, ATC is a notoriously difficult area to tackle as a 3PD! 😁 I'll pick up a copy at some point to see and support your mission.  Is it only available through F1?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

33 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Is it only available through F1?

It is not available in 3rd party stores at this time. It is sold via our Agent tool (a very small install).

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Hi,

We have now officially closed the beta... we have enough testers for now.

Stay tuned on the MSFS official release!

• Like 3

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Are there more videos out with this ATC system being demonstrated? Plus want to hear the different voice samples. 

• Like 2

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Look forward to welcoming this once the VFR version is OK..