Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Also, as it says in the FAQ, FSHud has to take control of traffic. If I use AIG, this would mean not using using the AIG Controller which would result in the the loss of some extra features that the AIG Controller provides.

As the FAQ mentions .bgl-based AI I don’t think that MSFS AIG is supported as it is AIFP based.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

As the FAQ mentions .bgl-based AI I don’t think that MSFS AIG is supported as it is AIFP based.

Right - I saw that as well. But, I thought (perhaps wrongly) that was changed so that it would be able to work with AIG (non-.bgl) traffic. In any event, I will hold off on a purchase until this is more clear.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I've just bought and tried this and I can't get it to detect my AIG traffic at all - I have lots installed but nothing seems to be detected. Anyone encounter the same?

In the FAQ at https://www.fshud.com/#/site/faq there is a section that explains a little more (page was recently updated so you may need to clear your cache):

Q. What traffic apps are compatible?
A. AIG traffic is now supported, including AIG and other BGL formatted traffic files. Because FSHud – Air Traffic Control is injecting traffic, and moving it according to real-world specifications, you must allow the application to have exclusive control of your traffic.

If your traffic is not being mapped for some reason, do submit a ticket via the app directly. They may be able to see the reason and give you a quick response.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

@Steve, just so everyone is not confused FSHud for MSFS now supports AIG  flightplan format and also AIG BGL format.

@All, DO not run the AIG traffic manager when running FSHud

Also make sure in the FsHud setting you have AI not set to 'zero'.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

28 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

@Steve, just so everyone is not confused FSHud for MSFS now supports AIG  flightplan format and also AIG BGL format.

@All, DO not run the AIG traffic manager when running FSHud

Also make sure in the FsHud setting you have AI not set to 'zero'.

FSHud settings comes with 30 parking, 30 airborne by default

Edited by FSHud

If used with MSFS default traffic, does this fix the planes doing circles in the taxiway and low flying over airports?

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

If used with MSFS default traffic, does this fix the planes doing circles in the taxiway and low flying over airports?

Are you talking about default traffic behavior?

Just now, FSHud said:

Are you talking about default traffic behavior?

Yes.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

FSHud AI traffic acts absolutely different - mostly (under the hood) there is nothing common with default simulator traffic which is handled by MSFS.
The application controls traffic on low level by injecting SimObject and assigning list of coordinates to follow.

4 minutes ago, FSHud said:

FSHud AI traffic acts absolutely different - mostly (under the hood) there is nothing common with default simulator traffic which is handled by MSFS.
The application controls traffic on low level by injecting SimObject and assigning list of coordinates to follow.

Still have the same doubt. I don't use AIG, I usually use MSFS Live Traffic. I know this doesn't work with live traffic, but if I use it with MSFS AI Offline traffic (which I think it works with) will I see planes doing circles on the taxiways and flying low over airports after going around (as happens with MSFS traffic) or not?

Alvega

20 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Still have the same doubt. I don't use AIG, I usually use MSFS Live Traffic. I know this doesn't work with live traffic, but if I use it with MSFS AI Offline traffic (which I think it works with) will I see planes doing circles on the taxiways and flying low over airports after going around (as happens with MSFS traffic) or not?

No, you will see absolutely different traffic behavior - flights by procedures with separation and no circling (same for taxi).
But, please not about following issue:

Q. In MSFS – at times it appears AI aircraft are “jumping”, or not smoothly moving forward?
A. This is due to an MSFS SDK bug that doesn't allow aircraft to follow the path presented for it - therefore, the application updates the AI Aircraft position according to estimations every second. This behavior would be fixed once the MSFS SDK bug is fixed.

It was mentioned in our FAQ pages:
https://www.fshud.com/#/site/faq

12 minutes ago, FSHud said:

at times it appears AI aircraft are “jumping”, or not smoothly moving forward?

It this just happens "at times" and not most of the times, I can live with that. Guess I'll wait to see what others report when using FSHud with MSFS offline traffic. Thanks.

Alvega

Had not heard about this before today. I guess there are limitations due to the MSFS SDK. But to be able to get rid of the ridiculous AI aircraft spinning around on taxiways as well as the taking forever to vacate runways, that’s certainly interesting. Especially if it’s compatible with AIG liveries.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”