Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

2 hours ago, timd24 said:

@tup61,

I'll try and answer those questions in more detail tomorrow, but pretty much none of what you are asking is working right now. I haven't been vectored for an approach when I normally would. 

Also, If you miss a waypoint, you're on you're own and won't hear from ATC ever again it seems. That's made harder by the fact that it's hard to visually check it's interpretation of the simbrief flight plan.

It all seems pretty basic in it's current implementation.

I'll be back to using Pilot2ATC until this matures, and I sincerely hope it does. 

I agree that it's pretty basic and, while it has promise, isn't really much of an improvement over the default ATC. It's just different. Now, some of the fault for that is the limitations of the sim in access to weather information and other stuff.

Yes, if you miss a waypoint or can't make the assigned turn after landing, you won't hear anything more. Plus, flight planning is quite a challenge as it has to be in a specific format and can't read directly from the sim or even cut and pasted from Navigraph unless it is edited. That has been a pain in the neck for me so far.

On another forum, someone called this type of software, "Banana Software" that is sold and then allowed to ripen on our systems. I really hope that they ripen this banana as much as they can for now and, as Asobo allows access to things like weather, it gets nice and yellow! Then I'll feel a lot better about plunking down $35 for the addon.

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Yeah if that's true then it is even worse then the default ATC. And if that is indeed the current state, then this will probably never be worth buyer or at least for several more years. Shame. 

Just now, kakihara123 said:

Yeah if that's true then it is even worse then the default ATC. And if that is indeed the current state, then this will probably never be worth buyer or at least for several more years. Shame. 

Yes, looking at the work and time and effort it takes to get flying with FSHud default ATC does a LOT better job...! I will pass for now. that's for sure.

2 hours ago, timd24 said:

@tup61,

I'll try and answer those questions in more detail tomorrow, but pretty much none of what you are asking is working right now. I haven't been vectored for an approach when I normally would. 

Also, If you miss a waypoint, you're on you're own and won't hear from ATC ever again it seems. That's made harder by the fact that it's hard to visually check it's interpretation of the simbrief flight plan.

It all seems pretty basic in it's current implementation.

I'll be back to using Pilot2ATC until this matures, and I sincerely hope it does. 

Thanks for the review - will definnitly give this a miss and stick with Pilot2ATC for the time being.

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Default ATC is not that bad IMO. I always use the simbrief plan when setting up the flight, hence I always get the approach I was planning for. But changing the approach en route as per weather changes is not really a big deal.

Now, AI aircraft behavior is the thing that really needs improvement. If Asobo manages to fix aircraft spinning around on taxiways and using 3000+ meters of runway before vacating, I’d be quite happy.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

49 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Default ATC is not that bad IMO. I always use the simbrief plan when setting up the flight, hence I always get the approach I was planning for. But changing the approach en route as per weather changes is not really a big deal.

Now, AI aircraft behavior is the thing that really needs improvement. If Asobo manages to fix aircraft spinning around on taxiways and using 3000+ meters of runway before vacating, I’d be quite happy.

Just did my first flight in the Fenix with default ATC and an imported SB plan and indeed it wasn't too bad. Apart from getting QNH in inches, wrong altitudes assignments and alt being wrong below FL180... but nothing I couldn't handle or fix. I will stick with default ATC for now. I do hope FSHud will evolve into something useful and better though ! 

• Like 1

OK, I have checked the traffic behavior at EDDF again, but this time I have set the AI-traffic in MSFS to "OFF". This is the setting which is suggested in the manual. I thought that I will see no traffic if this option is set to "OFF", but it is. By deactivating the AI-traffic you eliminate the faulty Asobo AI-traffic, and now I saw airplanes only which are controlled by FSHud. It looked not bad.

But there is the problem of jumping planes, and this is really a BIG immersion killer. I hope this problem can be solved in the future.

Up to now I have only concentrated to check the AI aircraft behavior.

Patric

On 5/15/2022 at 4:56 PM, ryanbatc said:

Glad to see Flight1 is still alive and kickin'.

F1 was once a leader in innovative aircraft - I'd love to see one here in MSFS.

Yes please port over the Citation Mustang X!

Chris Camp

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

Thanks for the mini-review. Still interested and looking forward to more detail tomorrow but for now it seems it's not what I hoped it would be. If ever, I might even add. I don't like ATC add ons in which I have to tell ATC before the flight what they have to tell me during the flight. That's simply very odd. All I should have to do is file a plan (and not the way FSHuds wants it but just 'file a plan' with one click) and then ATC should do the rest. ProATC is still king in that regard imho but unfortunately it's dead for MSFS. All other ATC add ons require way too much user input and I don't like scripted stuff (which is why I also don't like FS2Crew which feels like watching the same movie over and over and over again).

Have you tried / not got on with Pilot2ATC - seems to do what you want (well technically filing a FP involves clicking Import/Selecting it/Clicking Import/Then File).. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

20 hours ago, FSHud said:

Hello,
It means that all weather would be CAVOK with no winds - because there is no way to pull weather data from MSFS.
ActiveSky is not mandatory but "workaround" for that, it can be turned off.
If there is no wind, runways in use would be assigned by other priorities - distance to parking, length, traffic load factor and so on.
However - you can override departure and arrival settings.
Those things are mentioned and explained in our FAQ and manuals pages

I no longer have P3D installed, but I do have Active Sky installed on a Client computer.  I thought AS was not compatible with MSFS. How does it work with FSHUD in the MSFS environment?

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Have you tried / not got on with Pilot2ATC - seems to do what you want (well technically filing a FP involves clicking Import/Selecting it/Clicking Import/Then File).. ..

G

Watched video's and it seems you still have to select STAR and SID and stuff. Tried to find a video that shows how it works with SB-plan import but can't find it... Besides, the voices... can't say I like them. Nothing comes close to default ATC when it comes to the actual speaking. ProATC was extremly simple and just worked, even assigning you proper STAR at the right moment depending on the weather.

1 hour ago, TomCYYZ said:

I no longer have P3D installed, but I do have Active Sky installed on a Client computer.  I thought AS was not compatible with MSFS. How does it work with FSHUD in the MSFS environment?

I do not know if it works, but I think you need to install ActiveSky as a standalone product without connection to MSFS. It is only needed for transmitting the actual weather data to FSHud.

Patric

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Watched video's and it seems you still have to select STAR and SID and stuff. Tried to find a video that shows how it works with SB-plan import but can't find it... Besides, the voices... can't say I like them. Nothing comes close to default ATC when it comes to the actual speaking. ProATC was extremly simple and just worked, even assigning you proper STAR at the right moment depending on the weather.

The voices are from Windows, think some are using Amazon Poly which is apparently an improvement. 

I load the FP in MSFS format without SIDS & STARS, although think you can paste in the Simbrief route as well. Procedures are automatically assigned when you file the flightplan (unless you set it up to not do that) but you might be assigned something else when en-route if conditions change.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

13 hours ago, KL Oo said:

This is after all a thread about FS Hud.

Indeed. That's why I do not understand why people are talking about PSXT here.

FS Hud cannot work together with PSXT+AIG+RT.

4 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

I still have P3D installed on my primary computer (don't use and not up to date) and Active Sky on a client. FSHud will work if you give  it the IP address of the client instead of localhost along with the port number.

Richard

• Like 1