Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

It has a lot of potential because it actually controls the traffic. This is indeed a major thing for a Air Traffic Control software because all the other ones (except Voxatc) don't control the traffic. And when you are a Air Traffic Controller you want to control the traffic don't you? 🤫

Just wondering if it is such a good idea to release it now with all of these things which don't work properly yet?
I mean you have a program which controls the AI, brilliant / great!!!!

But then you have to choose your own SID STAR etc? And it can't even read a metar from the cloud?
Why not take the live weather METAR from the web instead out of MSFS?

I mean I could also imagine ATC then instead of buying software for it.......

And it is not a limitation of MSFS because Pilot2Atc actually gives the SID/STAR and correct runway. So you could fix it by reading METARS. If you know the competition already has that why not do it better?

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 5

Agreed. The next patch should really focus on three things:

1.) Faster refresh rate for controlled AI.

2.) Using METAR's from the web.

3.) A "reroute" feature for missed waypoints and taxiways, like your cars GPS.

Those 3 fixes alone would would be the foundation needed to make me buy since this does control AI. I'd be willing to overlook the scripted nature of the route planning, at least as long as development continues to make this product far more robust.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

They also have to fix the fact that the jetways and the marshallers don't work. I confirmed this on their site. I have to say that I'm not seeing why this is an improvement over default ATC in its current state.

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

3 hours ago, WestAir said:

Agreed. The next patch should really focus on three things:

1.) Faster refresh rate for controlled AI.

2.) Using METAR's from the web.

3.) A "reroute" feature for missed waypoints and taxiways, like your cars GPS.

Those 3 fixes alone would would be the foundation needed to make me buy since this does control AI. I'd be willing to overlook the scripted nature of the route planning, at least as long as development continues to make this product far more robust.

I agree with those three fixes as things that make FSHud playable. I also think there has to be a reliable way to get flightplans into the program. It imports from SimBrief but the plan always needs editing and their method of reading and editing flightplans is archaic. I was able to get METAR's into the program but only because I had ActiveSky on another computer. AS is not an option for most people. For me problem 3 is the showstopper. Once you miss a waypoint or taxiway - game over.  There is no way to continue.

Still I think the program has great potential. As already noted, it is the only I'm familiar with that actually controls traffic. I will continue to follow the progress and trying upgrades and fixes as they become available but P2ATC is still my primary ATC program.

Richard

• Upvote 1

Don't give up yet.   

Try this flight  KGSO > KSBM using FSHub, either import from Simbrief and/or let FSHub generate the route.

Give some constructive feedback that will help the devolper 

Looking forward to everyones feedback

Thanks

• Like 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

33 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Don't give up yet.   

Try this flight  KGSO > KSBM using FSHub, either import from Simbrief and/or let FSHub generate the route.

Thanks

I think very many are sitting on the fence and have not bought it.

I have no idea why they haven't published any better video showing how it actually works in MSFS.

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, alpha117 said:

Don't give up yet.   

Thanks

Er... I can't try this flight because there is no demo? And after reading more about FSHud and watching video's I see no reason to buy it just to beta test it for you. ;) I think the dev has enough feedback for now and knows what needs to be added and/or fixed before people over here will buy it.

• Upvote 1

Not BETA testing for me, I've purchased it like everyone else, it was just a thought to help out, that was all.

Agree, end users should not BETA test. My question is who is going to 'test'  to help move the product forward?

Anyway, just an idea

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I don’t think the community should accept “early adopters “ aka half-baked products. Sure, no piece of software is ever bug free when it’s released but there’s a glaring difference between bugs and missing or poorly implemented features. 
we’ve been taught this lesson time and time again, yet it seems many of us never learn. 

14 hours ago, rob0203 said:

It has a lot of potential because it actually controls the traffic. This is indeed a major thing for a Air Traffic Control software because all the other ones (except Voxatc) don't control the traffic.

Is Voxatc available for MSFS?

5 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

I don’t think the community should accept “early adopters “ aka half-baked products. Sure, no piece of software is ever bug free when it’s released but there’s a glaring difference between bugs and missing or poorly implemented features. 
we’ve been taught this lesson time and time again, yet it seems many of us never learn. 

I told myself that I wouldn't be a beta tester but jumped on this one for some reason. It was a mistake and I've asked for a refund.

• Upvote 2

Rick Abshier

1 minute ago, YouDontKnow said:

Is Voxatc available for MSFS?

No

27 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I told myself that I wouldn't be a beta tester but jumped on this one for some reason. It was a mistake and I've asked for a refund.

Come to think of it, besides scenery, the entire platform is an “early adopters “ of sorts… so what can one expect from 3rd party developers….

4 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Come to think of it, besides scenery, the entire platform is an “early adopters “ of sorts… so what can one expect from 3rd party developers….

If the SDK is missing feature that they need they should hold the release.

Not sell it for $35 and say "sorry, but we have done what we can"

It is different with PMDG and Fenix that is lacking the weather radar. That is just a small part of a big package. In the case of FShud it seems to be missing several core components.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. But, this one seems more blatant to me. I'm glad that it provides ATC and traffic control. But, in too many ways, it is a step down from the default ATC with too much that is either missing or non-working. But, yes, this is becoming all to common. We shouldn't have to pay to be beta testers.

Rick Abshier