Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

Anyway I bought it because I have a flightsimulator addiction and can not resist it.... 🤣😂

Now testing....

Just now, rob0203 said:

Anyway I bought it because I have a flightsimulator addiction and can not resist it.... 🤣😂

Now testing....

Please report back with your results. I've asked for a refund but you may love it.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

9 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Please report back with your results. I've asked for a refund but you may love it.

For now I am on EDDH and there is no traffic at all here

EDIT

There is another aircraft I am am cleared for taxi to runway 33 and the other aircraft for 05????

Now cleared TO 33 and another cleared to land 15?

Edited by rob0203

I'm using FSHud in P3D and I think it has a great potential. The main point is, FSHud actually controlls the ai traffic, rather than just talking to it. My main concern ist that the amount of visible ai traffic at airports is still very low, less than 15 a/c at big hubs. Not sure how it is in MSFS. Given the lousy performing MSFS ai engine, FSHUD or PSXseecon RT seem to be(come) the better alternatives as they are running more or less independent from the MSFS engine.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

good...but how is the ATC control in P3D?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

11 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

For now I am on EDDH and there is no traffic at all here

EDIT

There is another aircraft I am am cleared for taxi to runway 33 and the other aircraft for 05????

Now cleared TO 33 and another cleared to land 15?

For now, it can't get weather from the sim. The next update may allow third party apps to read weather data.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

12 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

good...but how is the ATC control in P3D?

... currently it is acceptable, but there is some room for improvements. SIDs, Vectoring, STARs, ILS  ATC guidances are working. But as already being stated here, some user inputs are still necessary where it should be (intelligent) ATC who decides.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, are there Alternates, missed approaches and what happens if you go 'off' route?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

On 6/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, timd24 said:

Yeah I tried it. AIG traffic positions are only updated once per second and it looks terrible. ...

This is a MSFS SDK bug. In P3D, FSHUD conrtolled traffic is moving smoothly.

• Like 1

- Harry 

23 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Thanks, are there Alternates, missed approaches and what happens if you go 'off' route?

Not sure anymore, because I didn't use it the last two weeks, but I believe these routines have not yet been implemented.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

But as already being stated here, some user inputs are still necessary where it should be (intelligent) ATC who decides.

I am afraid that's by design and not something that will be fixed. That's how it is. They even seem to be proud of their 'planner'... while there shouldn't be any need for it imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve 86 said:

why release a product to msfs when its not ready, 

Which of the two?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steve 86 said:

why release a product to msfs when its not ready, 

The same could have been asked about MSFS itself. 😁

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

We desperately need a next-gen ATC addon that does most of the things by itself (reads weather, traffic, procedures,..). Maybe it's not possible yet.

I don't see much of an improvement over the default ATC from FSHud. I'll pass for now.