Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

12 minutes ago, Andayle said:

The deal breaker for me at the moment is that I can't get wind Information into FSHUD without having active sky installed.  I own Active sky but I don't have P3D installed anymore and you can't install active sky without P3D because it can't find certain files.  I really don't understand the need for Actrive sky just for winds.  Pilot2ATC uses metars from the internet which works fine, it will even adjust the runway and STAR if the winds change, so it definitely works.  Also PF3 ATC also uses metars from the internet when used with MSFS and that also works.  Without the wind information I end up with AI taking off from wrong runways etc because FSHUD thinks winds are calm.

Yes, I wonder too why FSHud doesn't use wind data from internet instead from ActiveSky, which can not be used, if you have not installed P3D.

I hope for an implementation of REX WeatherForce for obtaining wind data.

Btw: The arrow indicator for showing the correct route to the runway seems to work quite well. I have just tested it on my current flight.😉

Patric

30 minutes ago, Andayle said:

The deal breaker for me at the moment is that I can't get wind Information into FSHUD without having active sky installed.  I own Active sky but I don't have P3D installed anymore and you can't install active sky without P3D because it can't find certain files.  I really don't understand the need for Actrive sky just for winds.  Pilot2ATC uses metars from the internet which works fine, it will even adjust the runway and STAR if the winds change, so it definitely works.  Also PF3 ATC also uses metars from the internet when used with MSFS and that also works.  Without the wind information I end up with AI taking off from wrong runways etc because FSHUD thinks winds are calm.

The deal breaker for me is that Jörg seems to have AI and ATC high on his priority list. To release something that is missing so many features NOW as opposed to waiting and seeing what Asobo do seems short-sighted at best and a cash-grab at worst. 

Edited by snwboardn
  • Upvote 1

Tyson Rose

7 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

The deal breaker for me is that Jörg seems to have AI and ATC high on his priority list. To release something that is missing so many features NOW as opposed to waiting and seeing what Asobo do seems short-sighted at best and a cash-grab at worst. 

As much as I want Asobo to step op their game in regards of traffic and atc.... that will take a long, long time. 

2 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

As much as I want Asobo to step op their game in regards of traffic and atc.... that will take a long, long time. 

Yeah and if FSHud was actually bringing something to the table I might agree but do you really think Asobo is going to spend time fixing vectoring in Simconnect when they plan on redoing the entire AI system from the ground up? What sense would that make, which means FSHud might be able to do some tricks to get a little bit better but they will probably never be anything that is worth more than $10 IMO.

Hopefully I am wrong and in the next quarter or two I am eating my words, because AI and ATC is super important to me, but at this point in time I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel for them (especially when their manifesto had a lot of "Asobo this..." and "when Asobo fixes that," in it.)

Tyson Rose

16 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

Yeah, after purchasing and then returning, I felt the same way. I kept asking myself, "how is this better than default?" The answer was always that it was not better, just different and actually provided less, in some areas, than the default ATC.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

40 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

ASOBO has started the redesign some weeks ago, but we have no estimated timeframe for release

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

4 hours ago, ricka47 said:

There is a little arrow that shows the direction that you should be heading.

Where? I don't think I've seen that. All I see is the wind arrow...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, kakihara123 said:

...Unless Tom Cruise makes a movie about an ATC that saved the world.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

ASOBO iniciou o redesenho há algumas semanas, mas não temos prazo estimado para lançamento

Can you tell us a little more about what you know?

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Where? I don't think I've seen that. All I see is the wind arrow...

It's right above your choices of what you can do. When you're in the air or taxiing, it will point in the direction that you should go and tell you how far you need to go. When you should be stopped (on the ground) there is a little stop sign there.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

2 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

...Unless Tom Cruise makes a movie about an ATC that saved the world.

That's brilliant 😄 And true.

• Like 1

Looks like another DOA addon, getting everyone's hopes up, and then delivering........very little. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Looks like another DOA addon, getting everyone's hopes up, and then delivering........very little. 

Yeah, unfortunately. I'm not getting this in its current state. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

38 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. The developer is very active in his forum and is putting out constant updates to improve it.

Mark

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

2 hours ago, Julius Saint said:

Can you tell us a little more about what you know?

No information about it yet..... might be something to askat the next Q&A

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png