Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

On 8/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, Bobsk8 said:

When I tried Pilot 2 ATC a couple of years ago, same issue, it chewed up CPU cycles  like crazy. Got rid of it. 

?????

I have never had an issue with this as it's footprint on the CPU is very small.

Comment from developer:

Typical CPU usage for P2A on an i7 processor is about 1-2%.  If you're getting 20+%  then something is wrong with your installation or settings. 2GB of memory is about right.

Here are some things to try:

• Check that you have a good internet connection.
  • Check your Weather settings.  Try using NOAA weather with the refresh rate at 15 minutes or more.
  • Check your Map settings.  Turn off "Center on Acft" if that is on.
  • Try turning off AI Traffic to see if that makes a difference.  An older version did have CPU issues related to AI Traffic.
  • Try downloading and installing a fresh copy.  Maybe something was corrupted in the installation.

Dave

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Yeah I was getting super high CPU usage (and horrendously slow load and response times) when I was running Pilot2ATC on a networked laptop that only had 4GB of RAM. The moment I added another chip of 4GB to give 8GB total the program came to life and started running as it should. It runs flawlessly now and is not using more than 1 or 2% of CPU.

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

On 8/13/2022 at 4:24 AM, KL Oo said:

Yeah I was getting super high CPU usage (and horrendously slow load and response times) when I was running Pilot2ATC on a networked laptop that only had 4GB of RAM. The moment I added another chip of 4GB to give 8GB total the program came to life and started running as it should. It runs flawlessly now and is not using more than 1 or 2% of CPU.

Most of FSHud CPU consumption is taken for AI Traffic migration, estimation, injection and state update.  
If you set AI Traffic to zero, you will get almost none of CPU and RAM consumption.
It's not my side to say, but as I know Pilot2ATC doesn't perform those operations and this comparison isn't really fair...

Hello, ive tried starting a flight from KLAX and it connects me to POINT MUGU TOWER, while also asking to change parking spot. It doesnt connect me to any of the KLAX stations, using latest version.

12 minutes ago, Zarco said:

Hello, ive tried starting a flight from KLAX and it connects me to POINT MUGU TOWER, while also asking to change parking spot. It doesnt connect me to any of the KLAX stations, using latest version.

Concerning the parking spot, try this: make sure FSHud is completely closed (so 100% closed, not just sent to the system tray), go to C:\Program Files\FSHud\ and delete the following two files:

AeroData.data
AeroData.data.schema

Start FSHud. It will restore/reload those files (within no time) and all should be fine. This worked for my anyway. 😉

12 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Concerning the parking spot, try this: make sure FSHud is completely closed (so 100% closed, not just sent to the system tray), go to C:\Program Files\FSHud\ and delete the following two files:

AeroData.data
AeroData.data.schema

Start FSHud. It will restore/reload those files (within no time) and all should be fine. This worked for my anyway. 😉

Thanks buy sadly it didnt work, still shows Ponint Mugu Tower. This time it didnt ask me to change parking spot, but if i clikc request clearance it just switches automatically to request start up (no voice acknowledgement).

14 minutes ago, Zarco said:

Thanks buy sadly it didnt work, still shows Ponint Mugu Tower. This time it didnt ask me to change parking spot, but if i clikc request clearance it just switches automatically to request start up (no voice acknowledgement).

Well, then it did work because as I said the tip only concerned the parking spot problem. 😉 The tower problem I can't help you with, better ask this on the official forum or by opening a ticket within FSHud itself. What you describe usually happens on an uncontrolled airport (you won't hear ATC say anything until you have taken off) but since you are at KLAX that is odd. 

Edited by tup61

On 8/28/2022 at 5:52 PM, Zarco said:

Hello,
As it was mentioned in ticket - you have to try to temporary remove following folder to see if it makes any sense:
D:\\GAMES\\OFFICIAL\\STEAM\\ASOBO-AIRPORT-KLAX-LOSANGELES\\
Mostly it shouldn't - but please do that, just to make sure.
According to screenshots and information - there is no relation to 
POINT MUGU TOWER - it can be any other ATC station that available for currently selected channel.
The main problem is that ATC conversation of clearance and the taxi is skipped - mostly it happens because airport doesn't have ground/tower stations - but KLAX is not a case.
I suggest you continue our conversation in tickets/emails and perhaps shifting you to beta to give you special version that provides more monitoring data about all of that - of course if you want.
Thank you

I'm sorry I have to say this but since I bought the app which was about 2 months ago the descent path calculation has actually deteriorated. Every flight I end up coming in high because ATC won't clear me down early enough. I fly the PMDG 737 and with the 700 it is actually just about manageable albeit unrealistic. However with the 800, which happens to be quite a bit slippier it's not even manageable. I think the descent path calculation needs some serious revisiting as at this point I can't fly the 800 with your app, which is not the standard I expect.

I got it recently, but I find myself using default ATC on most flights. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 hours ago, meurkel said:

I'm sorry I have to say this but since I bought the app which was about 2 months ago the descent path calculation has actually deteriorated. Every flight I end up coming in high because ATC won't clear me down early enough. I fly the PMDG 737 and with the 700 it is actually just about manageable albeit unrealistic. However with the 800, which happens to be quite a bit slippier it's not even manageable. I think the descent path calculation needs some serious revisiting as at this point I can't fly the 800 with your app, which is not the standard I expect.

It's different for every plane. My advice: descent whenever you will and usually ATC will follow. Obviously this is not what you'd want but at least you won't screw up an approach and still have some ATC interaction. 😉

11 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I got it recently, but I find myself using default ATC on most flights. 

Pity... I myself haven't used default ATC ever since I got FSHud. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages by far. Perhaps it also depends on where you fly (like US vs Europe).

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

It's different for every plane. My advice: descent whenever you will and usually ATC will follow. Obviously this is not what you'd want but at least you won't screw up an approach and still have some ATC interaction. 😉

Pity... I myself haven't used default ATC ever since I got FSHud. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages by far. Perhaps it also depends on where you fly (like US vs Europe).

Of course you can request a lower cruize altitude but that only works until ATC takes over your descent guidance, which has been happening at something like FL100 for me. Past that point unless ATC clears you down quickly enough you come in too high. It was fine when the app came out. I don't understand how the managed to make it so much worse since then. I will file a ticket as well.

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Perhaps it also depends on where you fly (like US vs Europe).

And what you fly 🙂 Mostly GA for me at this stage, and although I sometimes take the 414 up to FL200 on a longer trip, I think it's a bit of a hassle to get the flight plan to work in FSHud, even though I can import it directly from Simbrief. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

And what you fly 🙂 Mostly GA for me at this stage, and although I sometimes take the 414 up to FL200 on a longer trip, I think it's a bit of a hassle to get the flight plan to work in FSHud, even though I can import it directly from Simbrief. 

Ah, yes, I only use FSHud with the Fenix A320. With the C301 or C152 (the only other airplanes I fly) I never use ATC.

Edited by tup61

24 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Ah, yes, I only use FSHud with the Fenix A320. With the C301 or C152 (the only other airplanes I fly) I never use ATC.

PF3 works no matter what aircraft you are flying.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310