Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

5 hours ago, Maxis said:

day 1 buy .. without a doubt .. Not gonna hate on PMDG though .. as someone familiar with The "airbus way" of doing things i'm having a hard but very immersive time learning the competition. Not gonna hate on them at all. The more high fidelity AC available the more it lends credibility to the platform overall.

Well said. I just don't get this constant battle between the fan boys..

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Wow, been following development from the start. I really believe this will set a new benchmark for flight sim developers. What they look to achieve is mind blowing and if they pull it off, it should really make other developers, like PMDG, stop and think about how they can come close to matching this level of immersion. I have bought all PMDG's products from FSX days, all FSLABS products and Leonardo and Majestic Dash 8, all have set the bar for flight sim. Most recently I got the PMDG B737 and for me the hassle of manually setting up flights with opening doors, loading the A/C, seeing PMDG liveries on ground service vehicles, just broke any immersion for me. Graphically it's beautiful but the magenta line drawing still wasn't fixed and my over all experience was disappointment. I can't wait for an MSFS product that has that immersion from the cockpit when sat at a gate, ala FSLABS. Will be a day one purchase for me. I see no issue with people comparing PMDG products with others, Rob on their forum is well known for waxing lyrical about his products, people (including me) have spent over $1000 on them so I see no issue with people critiquing PMDG. Whilst in the past they have been trail blazers, I think for a long time they have been overtaken, think FSLABS, Leonardo, Majestic, and never regained top place. But that's just my opinion.     

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm happy that we have both.!

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

+ 1

No hate for PMDG please. Can we instead bash Leonardo for a little while? I am yet to get over my irritation with Leonardo and the top price-tag for my Maddog...  😁

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

This ^ x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Tell that to PMDG.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I just read this https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2022-05-15_end_of_beta/

I know what I will be flying 90% of the time for the next year. 😛🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

+ 1

No hate for PMDG please. Can we instead bash Leonardo for a little while? I am yet to get over my irritation with Leonardo and the top price-tag for my Maddog...  😁

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

The MD82 is a niche aircraft, and the more niche an aircraft is, the less "common" people will buy it anyway. That's not comparable to the 737 or A320, not at all. So a lower price might have gained Leonard less profit actually... but in the end we don't know their business calculations. I'm just saying the price is influenced by many factors.

• Like 3

Since most wont read it, here is a little bit.

So, not only are 181 livery packages including variations available at launch - but the art team pulled out a whopper and also took the time to hand reference each registration we’ve painted for a rough configuration using the best available data - matching their standby configuration at the very least. All of them. So now, the airframe you fly will be uniquely configured and changes from flight to flight, from airline to airline"

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Lots of words that are not allowed ! That looks incredible, just from the standard of modelling, let alone the systems, functionality and everything else. However, the FBW A320 really is enough for this non-level studying simmer, and the Boeing 737-800 will be the other option, when it's released. Well done though, Fenix - if you can stretch to an A340-600, I'll be in the queue.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Since most wont read it, here is a little bit.

So, not only are 181 livery packages including variations available at launch - but the art team pulled out a whopper and also took the time to hand reference each registration we’ve painted for a rough configuration using the best available data - matching their standby configuration at the very least. All of them. So now, the airframe you fly will be uniquely configured and changes from flight to flight, from airline to airline"

Yeah as if it wasn't enough to break the record for immersion and simulation, they now also break the record for included liveries... by far. Like 10x what the 737-700 shipped with.

56 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

+ 1

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

...and it worked out for them. You and a lot of others bought it 😄

PMDG haven been developing aircraft for atleast 25 years now. Innovation comes from the new, freedom to create and invent with only needing to satisfy yourself and your own expectations. That’s why innovation tends to come from the new young and exciting developers across any market platform. It’s a bit like comparing Bill Gates of now to Elon Musk. They’ve both been kings of what they do in different times but ultimately they have both been pivotal in some way.

58 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

+ 1

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

If people have complaints to make, the clunky setup of the Maddog between their limited EFB and the windows program needed to configure the aircraft, the poor textures and then the price, i would say it deserves criticism and these are the reasons I skipped out.  The PMDG 737 is incredible and I am very happy with the purchase.  I also like flying the bus and will for sure be getting the Phoenix as well.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

This is looking fantastic. 

I hope there won't be disappointment when it comes to framerates and smoothness. 

I'm hoping my decision to upgrade to upgrade my 3800x to the 5800x3d pays off, so I'm quitly confident that I'll be ok FPS wise.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.