Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

20 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I’d wager, with their commitment to excellence, their servers are better than some other servers. 

Oh boy the expectations are skyrocketing for Fenix, even for stuff out of their control 🤣

Fingers crossed we will all be flying her on day one without issues, but I'm not going to bash other devs just because the shop they work with didn't perform for one day! 

And let's be honest here, we are possibly looking at them breaking every sales record for a detailed FS addon ever, so it might end up having issues on a weird combination of pc components and addons that they haven't tested yet. Let's all relax and see how launch day goes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

What I meant is, if they want to bring A330 to MSFS, is better for them to drop their P3D plans and focus only on MSFS, which means not try to do something that can hurt MSFS quality but instead go full on MSFS just like Fenix

Yeah, FSLab's decision to bring their A330 to P3D first is a very weird business decision, if that is their decision.  However, I'm not sure if that is their decision, since they said they are working on an A330, but didn't specify what platform it would be on.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, FSLab's decision to bring their A330 to P3D first is a very weird business decision, if that is their decision.  However, I'm not sure if that is their decision, since they said they are working on an A330, but didn't specify what platform it would be on.

That's true. It's speculation. But I think it's a pretty good guess, as they've been working on it for the past 4-5 years. But we'll see...

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well it's coming from their attitude of dismissing MSFS existence. I mean I am pretty sure, they weren't even planning to bring anything to MSFS but given the market situation, they were "forced" to do so. I literally never understood what kind of money they will make on P3D release but hey, is not my problem, is their. If they sleep more on their development, rest assured, you will have a new developer announcing the the release of A330 out nowhere besides the Headwind and Aerosoft. 

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

On a completely different note:

I was wondering - in the video, that Fenix released of their A320, where they did the walkaround in the rain (at night), I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. Also, in the FSLabs A320, it was also very often, that I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. However I rarely see the PMDG 737 fanblades doing this? Is this because PMDG hasn't modelled it or are the engines (or fanblades) on the 737 less prone to be windmilling?

Thanks and sorry for slightly off-topic. 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Another tidbit that stood out to me is the approach they're taking to the pre-departure process. If I understand correctly, the doors are automatically closed and the jetway removed once boarding is complete. To me, having to do this myself on other aircraft has always felt like a chore. For those who enjoy it, I assume there will be an option to do this yourself (and more power to you!), but to me, the fact that there will be other crew members doing their bit as you're working in the cockpit is something I imagine will add to the immersion. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well it's coming from their attitude of dismissing MSFS existence. I mean I am pretty sure, they weren't even planning to bring anything to MSFS but given the market situation, they were "forced" to do so.

100% agree with you 👍

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, anden145 said:

I was wondering - in the video, that Fenix released of their A320, where they did the walkaround in the rain (at night), I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. Also, in the FSLabs A320, it was also very often, that I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. However I rarely see the PMDG 737 fanblades doing this? Is this because PMDG hasn't modelled it or are the engines (or fanblades) on the 737 less prone to be windmilling?

All jet engines do, and I've seen a 737 do it in real life. I guess PMDG did not model it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

All jet engines do, and I've seen a 737 do it in real life. I guess PMDG did not model it.

Ah okay - thanks a lot for the answer! Yearh, a shame that they didn't... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

18 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well it's coming from their attitude of dismissing MSFS existence. I mean I am pretty sure, they weren't even planning to bring anything to MSFS but given the market situation, they were "forced" to do so. I literally never understood what kind of money they will make on P3D release but hey, is not my problem, is their. If they sleep more on their development, rest assured, you will have a new developer announcing the the release of A330 out nowhere besides the Headwind and Aerosoft. 

Two words: Commercial licensing. Even Randazzo said that‘s the reason PMDG is not discontinuing P3D support.

We simply have no clue what kind of B2B contracts they have, considering the quality and fidelity of their products. It‘s a world we casual simmers know preciously little about.

Edited by thepilot

2 hours ago, AGuther said:

...and it worked out for them. You and a lot of others bought it 😄

And enjoy it…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anden145 said:

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

The MSFS PMDG 737 version does windmill

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I don't know if it's because the world has broken me down over the years and left me more cynical than I was as a kid, but... I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this plane, lol.  It keeps looking better and better, and I keep waiting for the catch.

Maybe there... isn't a catch? Can there please not be a catch? lol.

Oh, and I'll second the people calling for an end to bashing other devs.  PMDG made an excellent product that a lot of people were and are rightly jazzed about.  Perhaps this raises some questions about the price point they settled on, but aside from that there's room for all kinds.  If Fenix have indeed raised the bar I hope PMDG (and everyone else for that matter) take notes and evolve, but I'm hardly going to "bash" them for not matching a product that isn't out yet.  I get that a lot of this is just excitement, but... let's keep it positive yeah?

I'll also say, if you like this price point - make sure you all buy it.  Show these third party devs that there's value to be had in trying to cast a wider net.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

The MSFS PMDG 737 version does windmill

Does it? Thanks for confirming. I haven't had time to play around with it yet... I just haven't seen it before in the P3D versions.
Also, in general, I was also wondering if the fanblades on a 737 engine are less prone to windmill, than the A320?

Thanks again!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Since most wont read it

I read every single word. Twice. And I will read it again 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"