Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

12 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Does it? Thanks for confirming. I haven't had time to play around with it yet... I just haven't seen it before in the P3D versions.
Also, in general, I was also wondering if the fanblades on a 737 engine are less prone to windmill, than the A320?

Thanks again!

An A320 IAE engine is more 'prone' to windmilling than a 737's CFM (or an A320's CFM for that matter) since the exhaust is more open, so there's more room for wind to go through. I don't see though why there would be much of a difference between the CFMs on either aircraft other than that the 737's engine intake is slightly smaller.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, ah2511 said:

I don’t understand the hostility toward PMDG either. They delivered an amazing aircraft but just aren’t innovating at the speed of Fenix.

This is an amazing situation for us simmers. Multiple devs delivering great aircraft and pushing the envelope on innovation - eg. Who knows if the Fenix would have had a MTBF model without PMDG doing it first.

Hopefully PMDG use what I suspect is a good cash injection from the NG launch to invest in their own innovation, albeit this is harder when trying to get multiple aircraft into the platform.

Exciting years ahead 🙂

I am loving the new 737 right now. The one thing that perhaps may benefit us is if PMDG adjusts their pricing for the additional 737 variants after seeing the launch price for the Airbus. Anyway, I am more of a Boeing guy but I like the Airbus as well and this bird looks fantastic.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I was expecting a higher price, so I’m pleasantly surprised.  I don’t think the high end study level companies (ie. PMDG, Leonardo, etc) need to worry.  They have unique offerings with little competition, and if you are in the market for study level aircraft I think they will sell to that audience regardless of price (to a point of course).  On the other hand, the Aerosofts of the world might not get away with $50-$60 ranges for their offerings anymore, with far less functionality and fidelity.

• Like 4

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

4 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am loving the new 737 right now. The one thing that perhaps may benefit us is if PMDG adjusts their pricing for the additional 737 variants after seeing the launch price for the Airbus.

I agree.  I think PMDG hit the sales motherload with the -700, but I suspect they will sell very little -600s and lower than expected -800s under their current pricing plan.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I'm just glad there are no horrible bitmap textures being ported over. First airliner that takes proper advantage of what the new engine can do. I'm gllad PMDG has promised to work on that for their 737 but Just Flight and Leonardo need to get their acts together on the BAE 146 (Cabin) and the MD80.

I am also floored by the insane level of detail this plane is offering at such a low price. Just reading about the features is intimidating. There are some RW pilots that will turn off some of the immersion features because they will remind them too much of their jobs lol.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, Amon1973 said:

I'm hoping my decision to upgrade to upgrade my 3800x to the 5800x3d pays off, so I'm quitly confident that I'll be ok FPS wise.

There are only two rules in Flight Sim Club.

1. You can never throw too much hardware at Flight Sim
  2. You can never brag that no system will ever run Flight Sim better than yours.
2 hours ago, anden145 said:

Honestly, I don't really know what FSLabs should do here. If they do start over, given their speed, by the time they'll be finished with it, it'll be 5-6 years... *SIGH*

Maybe they should just skip it, and concentrate on their A330 and/or Concorde instead.

X Plane

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

All jet engines do, and I've seen a 737 do it in real life. I guess PMDG did not model it.

Actually they did model it and it works just fine.....sadly the winds need to blowing pretty good and in line with the engines.   They are not as sensitive to ground wind as I'd like....hopefully they will adjust in further updates.  Its probably modeled close to real life parameters, I think Asobo and PMDG just need to get on the same page with conversions.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I agree with that second statement, but its still an amazing simulation.  

If you are talking about the PMDG 737, oh yes completely agree with you. Its fantastic. Just not what it could be. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

27 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I agree.  I think PMDG hit the sales motherload with the -700, but I suspect they will sell very little -600s and lower than expected -800s under their current pricing plan.

Yeah originally planned on buying the 800 too but realised I don’t need it at all. Plus we got 5 extra dollars off on the 700 because of the promotional pricing

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I’d wager, with their commitment to excellence, their servers are better than some other servers. 

I bet you'll lose that wager. People don't seem to understand how cloud servers work and how they scale to demand. Instant demand by loads of people will bring them down unless you throw buttloads of money at them to run at incredibly expensive low yield capacity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

On a completely different note:

I was wondering - in the video, that Fenix released of their A320, where they did the walkaround in the rain (at night), I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. Also, in the FSLabs A320, it was also very often, that I saw the engine-fanblades windmilling. However I rarely see the PMDG 737 fanblades doing this? Is this because PMDG hasn't modelled it or are the engines (or fanblades) on the 737 less prone to be windmilling?

Thanks and sorry for slightly off-topic. 🙂

Its not modeled. When i did walk arounds in windy days, the N1 fans would be spinning super fast.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I am not ok with An average twin costing 49$ 🙂  I am looking at you Coronado and  Just flight! 

• Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter