Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Fenix A320: The End of a Beta

I am glad to see that they are adding the analog standby FD as well as the ISFD. The level of detail in the pictures, from the seat belts in the cabin to the LCD edge light bleed, this is going to be one incredibly simulated aircraft. I am looking forward to the Fenix A320, but won't pick it up until the reviews start pooring in. Performance is a big thing in my opinion, so if it performs similar to how PMDG got their 737 to perform, then I will reconsider.

• Like 2

We are lucky to have PMDG and Fenix to build such amazing ac. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I really don't care about pop outs. Its fine if does not effect performance. For me being able to leave instrument update on low and everything is smoooooth is enough for me. I hated eating up performance with them on high. I cannot stand studders in alt readouts. Kills it for me. I hope fenix can do the same. But the 737 is where I am spending my time now. Love to have a great airbus as well. FBW and the spikes kills it for me but they have done a great job but the spikes on final and takeoff are a no go even free.

Chris Chiozza

9 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I think AMIR said they weren't going to a weeks worth of promo streams like PMDG did.  There will be some marketing stuff then straight to release.  We might see a couple of live streams, but not a ton.  I have a feeling we could be looking at a mid week release.  There was supposed to a in depth feature video a while back.  Hopefully that's still on.  No idea about tutorial vids.  I'm sure those will be come if not by FNX, then by someone else, I'm sure.

Honestly, I don't think, it was PMDG's intention to have weeks of promo-streams going on.

I think - it's pure speculation of course - that they actually intended to release the addon within a couple (maybe 2-3) of days after lifting the NDA and releasing it to the streamers. Then the famous/infamous (depending on how you look at it?) 'Fabio Bug' ensued and crashed (pun intended) the whole release schedule and everything went into turmoil. Given the NDA was lifted and the plane was, well kinda, public, they couldn't really retract that - it would be weird.

Must've been a dificult decision to make, of whether to demand that the streamers stopped their broadcasting or letting them continue...

Edited by anden145
  • Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I was not going to buy this as I am more a Boeing pilot but at this price it is a day one buy for me.  In my opinion this is much more realistic pricing for higher end planes in this platform to get good takeup and gain good profits through higher sales.  I am not expecting out of the gate perfection just an honest try and progressive improvements which they seem to have done, after all PMDG has had 10 years to have the framework of what the just delivered.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 3

Harry Woodrow

That video with the analog instrument caging... I really am struggling to tell if it is from a real A/C or not. Hand on heart, without context, someone watching it for the first time would be 50/50 to tell if it is real or from a simulator! The smoothness of the oscillation, the clicking noises it makes as it passes through straight and level, the amazing textures and light... I am just floored... I think I might not even fly the word not allowed thing when it comes out, just take close up pictures like this for my desktop wallpaper...

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 3

I forsee servers in meltdown......on launch. (But hoping Fenix have this covered)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

Pre release stream live in 2 hours… Easyjetsimpilot

Amazing!
Where? Twitch?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

-DELETED-

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

From Aamir

@everyone - 12:00z, our entire Beta team will be lifted from their streaming and media NDAs. 

She still has some rough edges that need sanding, but we're not keeping her to ourselves over minor niggles!

• Like 1