Sign in to follow this  
captain420

PMDG 737: Setting the perfect camera views

Does anyone know the best way to set your quick cam views for interior/exterior? I remember for the FBWA320 there as cameras.cfg file that you can go in to dial in the values to get the exact view that you want. But when trying to use the arrow keys and mouse to pan/zoom, its hard to get the camera directly in the center. I'm still waiting for chaseplane for MSFS. I hope the devs will bring it over.

Using devmode in MSFS, is it possible to change the camera values inside the cameras.cfg file and have it automatically update without having to exit and reload the sim to see the changes? That would save me a ton of time and make editing the cameras so much easier.

Also, PMDG 737 comes with a few preset cameras that I would like to bind, but don't know if its possible. Those cameras show up under 'SHOWCASE', and I'd like to be able to bind them to a keyboard shortcut. The only downside is that you cannot pan/zoom with those presets. But I know there's a way or hack to do it. Just forgot how. If someone remembers, please post it here. Thanks.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

Does anyone know the best way to set your quick cam views for interior/exterior? I remember for the FBWA320 there as cameras.cfg file that you can go in to dial in the values to get the exact view that you want. But when trying to use the arrow keys and mouse to pan/zoom, its hard to get the camera directly in the center. I'm still waiting for chaseplane for MSFS. I hope the devs will bring it over.

Using devmode in MSFS, is it possible to change the camera values inside the cameras.cfg file and have it automatically update without having to exit and reload the sim to see the changes? That would save me a ton of time and make editing the cameras so much easier.

Also, PMDG 737 comes with a few preset cameras that I would like to bind, but don't know if its possible. Those cameras show up under 'SHOWCASE', and I'd like to be able to bind them to a keyboard shortcut. The only downside is that you cannot pan/zoom with those presets. But I know there's a way or hack to do it. Just forgot how. If someone remembers, please post it here. Thanks.

abit  like  using  chase  plane  once  you set  it  up  second  one  was  the  one  i meant  to link too

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This area will continue to cause challenges for our P3D and 11Xplane mates that may start to migrate to MSFS in larger numbers as PMDG 737, Fenix, Mad Dog etc convince people the sim is finally "serious".

Its a powerful system, and tubeliners generally benefit from lots of thought put into your views - but not easy and intuitive to get going.  

The litmus test for me is coming back after a couple of months and wanting to tweak a view - in MSFS I'd be dead without some cheatsheet info - in P3D with Chaseplane you could quickly remember and tweak in secs/mins (arguably)

• Like 1

One of the biggest disadvantages of the MSFS camera system is that you can't use the X-box controller for camera control in the cockpit, like in P3D, without it being a white dot in the center of the image. MSFS has responded that this is how it should be, apparently an adaptation for Xbox. 

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

1 hour ago, Seat* said:

One of the biggest disadvantages of the MSFS camera system is that you can't use the X-box controller for camera control in the cockpit, like in P3D, without it being a white dot in the center of the image. MSFS has responded that this is how it should be, apparently an adaptation for Xbox. 

Odd, I've used XBOX controller for camera control since day 1. Not seen a white dot yet.

Find it odd people want to mess with cfg files to set up views. I just use MSFS custom cameras, actually faster and easier than ChasePlane - which is something I couldn't live without in P3D. The only part I miss is being able to assign multiple views to same key....

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Odd, I've used XBOX controller for camera control since day 1. Not seen a white dot yet.

And you are using it in the cockpit?

P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

30 minutes ago, Seat* said:

I Also not having White dot in center . Controller is used to move around in vc alot. 

I use to bind 0-9 on keyboard for all aircraft views external/internal. 

Cant crack that in MSFS.Alt-0-9 yes but not just 0-9.

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Seat* said:

* Some Times * - it is set up, but only tend to use it if I want to "wander" around the cockpit of set up new views. If I just want to pan round I use the hat on my yoke, and have custom views for all instruments & switches I need.

Never seen a white dot though .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Here it is, on the carpet

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Seat* said:

Here it is, on the carpet

spacer.png

That's chewing gum.

• Like 1

ngxu_banner.png