Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Sting S4 Round the world parachute deployments :)

It is all good, I made things modular.. so worst case scenario I can still push partial patches via my website and discord channels supper quick.. it is called planning and thinking ahead. However, the Market Place team has implemented means to push updates faster, so this should not be a problem once we are live and they configure our account with their new consumption system platform which is way faster now.

Now, I hope I don't brake their servers lol.. but is another reason why I went ahead via MP only, it helps to keep the price "lower", since I don't have to worry about licensing servers, installation software licenses and development, hosting servers, high download volumes concerns, etc. and by avoiding all these, it cuts the developing cost "considerably!!!". Just remember what happened to PMDG guys, even when they planned ahead, it all crashed at the end and people were suffering the consequences, so my decision to go MP only for "now" had many things weighed in.. this is the best for everyone on the long run, it will reduce also my workload to maintain updates, support handling (everything is via one platform) and allows me to focus in creating new dreams for everyone, which is "key" since at the moment it is only Me + My wife doing all these.. there is of course an amazing team of Beta testers and other key people behind me supporting me to help with what they can (which I am incredible grateful to have), but fundamentally it is a family business, I write the magic and my wife handles the bills and accounts. that;s it!.. hopefully we will be able to grow one day, and if this is the case, we will then grow together with the help of the community.

The first consumption is normal to take a bit of time, specially when I asked to check things on Xbox to see if we could publish to that market and avoid waiting for SU10 :)

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Great plan of action @simbol for targeting the marketplace, and also great that XBox'ers will get some quality GA plane love 🙂 ... we PC simmers have it great in the amount of choices we have in the MSFS ecosystem, but it's important to also keep the marketplace thriving as that ultimately feeds into MS/Asobo thriving in order to keep investing in MSFS.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Totally understand and appreciate your reasons for going MP only, Raul.   It will certainly not stop me buying it!   

I might even dress up as a MS employee, sneak into MP HQ and hit the "APPROVE" button myself. 😂

All joking apart though, as a LSA/UL fanatic, the last plane I was this excited about was the Sling 2 by RuSky for XP11.  That lovely plane did not disappoint and they took a similar "labour of love" approach to it, as you are with the S4.   The downside with the Sling 2 in X-Plane is that it has an out of place G1000 in it, as there is no G3X or similar uncertified stock avionics in XP11, as we have in MSFS.

I hope you sell a million of these and expand and become the .......(is he going to say it?).....yes...... the "PMDG of GA". 😊 

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

30 minutes ago, JYW said:

Totally understand and appreciate your reasons for going MP only, Raul.   It will certainly not stop me buying it!   

I might even dress up as a MS employee, sneak into MP HQ and hit the "APPROVE" button myself. 😂

All joking apart though, as a LSA/UL fanatic, the last plane I was this excited about was the Sling 2 by RuSky for XP11.  That lovely plane did not disappoint and they took a similar "labour of love" approach to it, as you are with the S4.   The downside with the Sling 2 in X-Plane is that it has an out of place G1000 in it, as there is no G3X or similar uncertified stock avionics in XP11, as we have in MSFS.

I hope you sell a million of these and expand and become the .......(is he going to say it?).....yes...... the "PMDG of GA". 😊 

Thanks for the support and encouraging words.

What's the airplane on your profile picture?

R.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Thanks for the support and encouraging words.

What's the airplane on your profile picture?

R.

It's called a Pioneer 300 by Italian manufacturer Alpi.  It's a homebuild only, built by my buddy. The most stunning LSA I've ever flown!  912iS (also now available with 915iS).
😎

https://alpiaviation.com/en/airplane/pioneer-300-fg/

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 hours ago, JYW said:

It's called a Pioneer 300 by Italian manufacturer Alpi.  It's a homebuild only, built by my buddy. The most stunning LSA I've ever flown!  912iS (also now available with 915iS).
😎

https://alpiaviation.com/en/airplane/pioneer-300-fg/

Ahh! beautiful.. 

Thanks for sharing.

R.

Congratulations on the pending release Raul. 🛩️

• Like 2