Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

GA at PMDG Level + Outstanding product full of features

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

A BRS will save your life when the engine brakesy because you forgot to reduce power? Or did not check the oil? Pull the chute!

But you shouldn't.😲

Activation of the BRS is the absolute last resort. In case of an engine failure you should treat it as a standard emergency power off outfield landing. The plane is still perfectly maneuverable. Yes I do not fly the Sling (but a similar Rotax plane with G3X avionics and ballistic chute), and you'd have some explaining to do if you pulled the red handle due to engine failure when suitable landing options are within range. 😉

@simbol, this is an insta-buy from me. This is as close as I get to flying my BR23 in MSFS.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 minute ago, SAS443 said:

But you shouldn't.😲

Activation of the BRS is the absolute last resort. In case of an engine failure you should treat it as a standard emergency power off outfield landing. The plane is still perfectly maneuverable. Yes I do not fly the Sling (but a similar Rotax plane with G3X avionics and ballistic chute), and you'd have some explaining to do if you pulled the red handle due to engine failure when suitable landing options are within range. 😉

@simbol, this is an insta-buy from me. This is as close as I get to flying my BR23 in MSFS.

Of course you are right

Simbol had more reasons to let us test this later on in BETA, because, as soon as we could, the parachute handle got pulled more often a day then it rains in GB in a year😉!

A huge fun factor

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words and support, I am reading them all.. Trying not to ignore anyone, answering questions, etc.

A bit difficult at the moment the reactions has been very overwhelming, so I get messages from many directions (discord, Facebook, forums, emails, you name it).. Trying to keep up with everything, so please be patient.

I will be streaming it again today with bemint, at 16.00 zulu will be fun.. Don't miss!

Release date is up to Microsoft, we submitted to market place and it is being tested by the Microsoft team, as soon as it goes live, we will let you know.

All the best,

Simbol

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Looks insanely good. Will be picking this up for sure.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Looks great and has a great price too! Job well done, so it seems. However, the C310 also is PMDG-level (imho) and it ticks more boxes for me personally. Still, I might get this one in the future if I am in need for something different. 😉 I will certainly keep an eye on it! 

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

But this is NOT about me. It's about a developer and true friend of mine. He became visible to me via P3D Beta testing. 

His name is @simbol. He is known from products like AILRP (P3D) and also does a lot behind the scenes, out of love, for level42, freedom FOX, immersion packages, etc. 

Simbol, his passion for development has reached me, other beta testers and others behind that and he has shown us things never shown before. He took us on a trip of his development, made us to beta testers and Involved us beta testers without hesitating, left handed and full of ideas, ups, downs, he worked in night shifts over more then a year, tears, persistence, courage, politeness and never stopped  making his dream, development of a very high level Sting S4 GA, for MSFS, come true.

We know Simbol. We love Simbol! (In an manly sort of way, of course.)...

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

@simbol

Will the Sling be available to buy anywhere other than the MS Marketplace?

The Marketplace is my absolute last resort, so just wondering if there'll be an opportunity to buy elsewhere?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

17 hours ago, JYW said:

@simbol

Will the Sling be available to buy anywhere other than the MS Marketplace?

The Marketplace is my absolute last resort, so just wondering if there'll be an opportunity to buy elsewhere?

Cheers.

As far as I know, the answer is marketplace only. Because it enables a single easy update channel now, which Asobo have apparently made freer so that Devs can push updates quickly when they want to.  Spending less time supporting updates etc is important for a one man development team like @simbol because there is an opportunity cost to any time spent on unnecessary support actions, in that he can't spend it making new amazing toys for us!

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, patful said:

Are circuit breakers modeled?

Yes, and if you enable electrical failures, they will go wrong if you do not take care of your electrical system.

VHZB6kP.png

Best,
S.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

As far as I know, the answer is marketace only. Because it enables a single easy update channel now, which Asobo have apparently made freer so that Devs can push updates quickly when they want to. 

Is this new?  I didn't hear Microsoft/Asobo mention this.  But if it's new, that's good, because people dislike waiting several weeks for an update or fix to show up in the MSFS marketplace.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Well done Simbol 👍

As always your work is topnotch …

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This is not an aircraft I would normally fly but it looks so well done, I am definitely going to pick this up. 

Thank you Simbol for all your contributions to our hobby.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Most of my MSFS GA flying is done in the DA40 or the SR22. I've been pining for a DA50NG model for MSFS ever since Aerobask released theirs for X-Plane. But this aircraft by @simbol may very well get me to forget about Diamond aircraft at least for a while!

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but will the GTN750 add-on work with this aircraft by any chance?

4 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but will the GTN750 add-on work with this aircraft by any chance?

Yes the PMS50 in incorporated natively, there is a small mod needed for the TDS, which one of the beta testers is able to make available on @simbols discord channel.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png