Sign in to follow this  
bjwoody61

Will not connect to fs20

I think I messed up when updating Yesterday. Now PTA wil not connect to the sim.

I download  setupP2A_2630_x64_with_Navigraph_1801.zip and now p2a will not connect. I get a connect tone but the power button does not light up.

When I try again it shows that it disconnects.

How can I recover from the mess I made.

Thanks

When Pilot2ATC connects, there will be 3 lines in the Speech Text Window at the bottom right and the Connect button will turn green and the text will change to Connected.  The last line in the Speech Text Window will be "Grammars Loaded".
“Simulator Disconnected” will appear on the second press of the Connect button as it disconnects from the SIM.
Also, the Yellow aircraft representing your aircraft will be visible on the map.

Here are the most common things to check when you get a partial connect:

⦁    If connected but the radios aren’t working, check the Battery and Avionics switches on or the “Ignore battery” and “Ignore Avionics” options are checked in P2A Config
⦁    If it seems to partially connect but the Connect button does not turn Green, set the Weather option to a different source such as NOAA Real Time Weather and try again.
⦁    still won't fully connect, try deleting the AppConfig.xml file.  You will lose your Config settings, but some users have reported that this fixed their connection issue.  The file is located at: 
c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
⦁    If connecting to MSFS, one user reported that setting FSUIPC WASM to Enabled fixed it for them.

If none of the above does it, try deleting your current installation and installing the full version to a fresh location.

Dave

Did All requested. Still will not connect fully. Connect chime sounds but power button stays unlit. press connect again and says disconnected. This this is with a fresh install

Thanks

The power button does not necessarily turn green when connected.

Assuming you are fully connected as describe above, then you likely need to turn on your Battery and/or Avionics switches in the aircraft, or check the options to ignore these switches in P2A Config.  This might be necessary for some aircraft that don't have these switches.

Dave

I have done that. I always have battery/avionics switches on before connecting. Part of the startup procedure. This was working well until yesterday with the upgrade and I don't know what I did to cause this

Another thing. after I uninstall and then re install it does not ask for my license key

Edited by bjwoody61

That would indicate that you are not connected at all and you need to check FSUIPC or XPUIPC installation, depending on what SIM you are using.

what would I check with fsuipc7. I turned on wasm and that didnt do anything. There's not a lot to do in there

Reinstallled fsuipc7 7.3.3 and restarted everything but no go. I will be out of commission for about an hour see you then

T

Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.6.3.0_x64  05/16/2022 09:36:16
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version: 6.2.9200.0
Platform: Win32NT
Memory: 34238058496

Trying to create DB_Dyno.
DB_Dyno created successfully.
Init 15% done.
Trying to create DB_Base.
DB_Base created successfully.
Application frmP2AMain starting 05/16/2022 09:36:41
Loading Joystick Devices - 5 devices loaded.
Loading Form
Main form opened: Pilot2ATC 2021 v. 2.6.3.0_x64      Navigraph - AIRAC cycle: 1801
Joystick Device number 0 successfully activated.
Loading Map Control
LoadMapControl: panel 1
Creating ucMap1
SQLiteVersion: 3.8.11.1 | 2015-07-29 20:00:57 cf538e2783e468bbc25e7cb2a9ee64d3e0e80b2f | INTEROP_CODEC INTEROP_EXTENSION_FUNCTIONS INTEROP_VIRTUAL_TABLE NET_40 PRELOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY THROW_ON_DISPOSED TRACE TRACE_PRELOAD TRACE_SHARED TRACE_WARNING USE_PREPARE_V2 WINDOWS
ucMap1 Created
ucMap DockFill set.
Setting Map Mode
Done Loading Map Control
Loading FPL Control
FPL Control Loaded
Retrieving weather from web successful at 05/16/2022 09:36:43
Retrieving TAF from web successful at 05/16/2022 09:36:44
The SIM or FSUIPC/XPUIPC stopped functioning and P2A is Disconnected.
Error in frmP2AMain ConnectToSIM
FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, IEnumerable`1 GroupNames)
   at P2A2021.P2ASimulatorFSUIPC.Init()
   at P2A2021.frmP2AMain.c6da96e2c3dc97ecb14521624b5c07984()
Simulator Disconnected. 05/16/2022 09:40:18
The SIM or FSUIPC/XPUIPC stopped functioning and P2A is Disconnected.
Error in frmP2AMain ConnectToSIM
FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, IEnumerable`1 GroupNames)
   at P2A2021.P2ASimulatorFSUIPC.Init()
   at P2A2021.frmP2AMain.c6da96e2c3dc97ecb14521624b5c07984()
Simulator Disconnected. 05/16/2022 09:41:16
Simulator Disconnected. 05/16/2022 09:41:27
Application frmP2AMain ended normally 05/16/2022 09:41:29
Object of type SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick was not disposed. Stack trace of object creation:
Object of type SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick was not disposed. Stack trace of object creation:
Total of 9 objects still alive.

his is the last log file if it helps in any way