Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Please give us new grass!

What happens with that grass ?

It is OK for me !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Grass doesn't bother me that much.
But the problem is on the ground, it appears as the plane moves forward and that's not great...

Maybe there could be a new land class: ‘Lawns’?

Then roadsides, parks, gardens, airport grass areas and grass strips would look more realistic. You don’t see knee high prairie grass in airport GA grass parking area …

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What are we going to complain about next, the color of the water in the airport  toilet bowls. ?

Telling a personal opinion / complaining is not allowed here in the "rabid dog" forum.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

37 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Maybe there could be a new land class: ‘Lawns’?

Then roadsides, parks, gardens, airport grass areas and grass strips would look more realistic. You don’t see knee high prairie grass in airport GA grass parking area …

This would be the ideal solution wouldn’t it but I can’t think how the a.i. could recognise and differentiate between the different types/lengths of grass unlike buildings where they have used the shadow to calculate the building heights

Bah!  I want a Jurassic addon - no grass - nothing but ferns and cycads as far as the eye can see!  🙂

Is it too high again? Literally, not the dutch way. We had that pre release, if you guys remember.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What are we going to complain about next, the color of the water in the airport  toilet bowls. ?

Have you actually landed in the grass in a helicopter only to have it be head high almost everywhere in the world? Yes, it is something that needs to be addressed and your constant nothing is wrong here and lack of capability to accept valid criticism of MSFS doesn't help anyone.  Even on in some places that appear to have the grass flattened when you actually land it is still there and head high.  So yes, something that could be addressed.  Just halving the height of the grass would be a great start.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

17 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Just popping this here... can some dev please produce an addon to replace the awful looking grass. Thank you. :unsure:

Agreed. I had a problem with the default Asobo grass at the freeware Duxford, by ChicoMick. It looked more like a vegetable allotment than an airfield. The temporary solution is to turn grass detail off altogether in the MSFS graphics options. It looks much better.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Yes, grass, weed and roundup animation !

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

23 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Astroturf is where it's at.  You never have to mow your lawn.

Nah I've been out to the western states a few times,  and the best way that i have seen is crush and run gravel spray painted green.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

16 hours ago, uwespeed said:

Telling a personal opinion / complaining is not allowed here in the "rabid dog" forum.

I suppose the real "rabid dog" forum is about as dead as it's ever been, so here you are 😂 

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Bent grass!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

How about Texas Bermuda!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter