Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

WideViewAspect

Well, okay, forget that part about Vista then. ;)

Guest weeniemcween

Okay. Once I have some money to blow I will get trackir.

Hey All,What the WideViewAspect param does is change how the zoom value interacts with the view frustrum. In one mode, zoom is based on the width of the frustrum and in the other mode its based on the height (forget which is which off the top of my head) - basically it just makes the zoom behave more correctly on wide screen (non 4 : 3) displays.

Guest dpc

I get the same results. It simply changes the zoom level on my system. After running with both options, I actually prefer the false option on my screen.

Guest SimDog

So, in wide view mode with a wide screen monitor, do you see more real estate with 2d view? If yes, any idea how much more you can see? As an example, does the view go from 120 degrees to 150 degrees?Thanks,SD

>Hi Andy,>>I do not use wide view but from what I recall reading, add>this to the fsx.cfg:>>WideViewAspect=True>>Default is False.>>Regards,>>SDJust picked up the Samsung 226BW 22 Inch Monitor. It defaults to 1680X1050 for desktop and my ATI X800 Pro supports that resolution in the sim so chose that for the sim as well.Set WideViewAspect=True in FSX.cfg and everything looks fine except the 4:3 2D panels have oval gauges but the VC is fine.:-)More experimention is in order if the 4:3 2D panels are to display correctly...it's new to me so I'll do a little homework on this before replying further:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest triangle

>J van E,>>Yeah trackir, however expensive, is on my list of potentials.>Yet I am thinking, no offense, that the dork factor might>bother my companion...Hahaha! My girlfriend loves the TrackIR - she falls into hysterics whenever I use it ... gives her hours of fun!!! Nonetheless, once you get the hang of it there is no going back - it becomes completely intuitive. Wouldn't be without it.Andrew

Guest allcott

>>Hi Andy,>>>>I do not use wide view but from what I recall reading, add>>this to the fsx.cfg:>>>>WideViewAspect=True>>>>Default is False.>>>>Regards,>>>>SD>>Just picked up the Samsung 226BW 22 Inch Monitor. It defaults>to 1680X1050 for desktop and my ATI X800 Pro supports that>resolution in the sim so chose that for the sim as well.>Set WideViewAspect=True in FSX.cfg and everything looks fine>except the 4:3 2D panels have oval gauges but the VC is>fine.:-)>>More experimention is in order if the 4:3 2D panels are to>display correctly...it's new to me so I'll do a little>homework on this before replying further:-)>>>>>Ron, nothing will make any difference to the 2d panel as it's just that - 2d. The settings only work in 3d rendering. As Beatle says it just changes the way the zoom works and its really a matter of personal preference, but IMHO the TRUE setting really comes into its own when you're flying low-level turning base to finals. That and TrackIR really transform the experience.Allcott

I agree. I like the true setting but want to imrove the 2D Panel to display without distortion of the original 4:3 panel...hope to have more time on this next week:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest allcott

>I agree. I like the true setting but want to imrove the 2D>Panel to display without distortion of the original 4:3>panel...hope to have more time on this next week:-)>>Quick and dirty solution is to grab the panel and squeeze it until the gauges are round, then pop up one of the panel segments - radio, throtlle, whatever and fill the gap thats left. Allcott

>>I agree. I like the true setting but want to imrove the 2D>>Panel to display without distortion of the original 4:3>>panel...hope to have more time on this next week:-)>>>>>Quick and dirty solution is to grab the panel and squeeze it>until the gauges are round, then pop up one of the panel>segments - radio, throtlle, whatever and fill the gap thats>left. >>AllcottHa ha, yea I noticed:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest allcott

I think FSX is the last shout for 2d panels. Pop ups might still continue to be useful under certain circumstances, but VC with selectable pre-set views is the way things are going - or Track IR, of course! And I used to be a dedicated 2d enthusiast, now I hardly use it in FSX, just as well really, as post-SP1 its a stuttering fps killer on my rig!Allcott