Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Simple way to get basic good ai traffic in msfs

Is there a simple package to replace the default msfs ai models with correct real world types and liveries?  Ive looked into aig but that seems to be more of just timetables not actual models, is that right?  Im not concerned with adding more traffic just yet, just want what's already there to look decent. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

AIG is all about the models, operators and timetables.

Follow a good tutorial on YT and you're all set. It make take some time however.

Edited by Dazzlercee23

Check out Simple Traffic from Aerosoft. It does exactly what you asked about: 

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-tools/3537/aerosoft-tool-simple-traffic?number=AS15423

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

29 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

It does exactly what you asked about:

While he did mention Simple, he also mentioned correct real world types which Simple Traffic does not do. 

AIG = Free with proper model types and up to date liveries that you can either use with the included schedules or with Real Time traffic from the sim.

Put some effort into your sim, it will reward you back.

20220125104111-1.jpg

20220320120615-1.jpg

20220320183016-1.jpg

20220111145733-1.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Is there a simple package to replace the default msfs ai models with correct real world types and liveries?  Ive looked into aig but that seems to be more of just timetables not actual models, is that right?  Im not concerned with adding more traffic just yet, just want what's already there to look decent. 

AIG/PSXT/RealTraffic will put in the sim what is happening in the real world.  The initial setup takes a while (plenty of online setup guides on YouTube)

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

33 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

While he did mention Simple, he also mentioned correct real world types which Simple Traffic does not do. 

AIG = Free with proper model types and up to date liveries that you can either use with the included schedules or with Real Time traffic from the sim.

Put some effort into your sim, it will reward you back.

Dave, in your estimation, how long does it take to go from nothing to fully filled airports?  Do the planes park at the right gates?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

30 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

AIG/PSXT/RealTraffic will put in the sim what is happening in the real world.  The initial setup takes a while (plenty of online setup guides on YouTube)

This !!!

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Simple Traffic works with just one click and you won't get an ulcer getting it to work. 😉

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Dave, in your estimation, how long does it take to go from nothing to fully filled airports?  Do the planes park at the right gates?

To get most of the US and Canadian airlines added, I'd say around 60-90 minutes? Most of the larger European airlines would be another 60-90 minutes. It mostly comes down to your internet connection now. Parking wise, no they don't park where they should unless you have modified ADE's at your airports or the dev of your payware airport has done some gate coding. Just for reference, Simple Traffic won't park where they should either.

It's best to start with a few of the carriers that you really want and then add from there. You can even install while you are flying and the sim is running, just don't expect to see the brand new traffic unless you restart the AIG Traffic Controller. It's pretty easy really.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Im ok with Simple Traffic for now, until JustFlight releases their traffic addon.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Get AS Simple Traffic and enjoy your flights. It's affordable, easy to install, and improves as default improves. In other words when ASOBO decides to improve live traffic or off line you will also benefit. All it changes is the airliners (liveries.) It doesn't do anything else and you do not need an extra utility to control the traffic.

JustFlight is working on a new AI add-on. You can upgrade to that one, when it's released.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi- I was just wondering how I could view the AI aircraft on the opening screen of FS9 where you select your aircraft. I know theres a program that you need to enter a certain number to be able to see them. Can anybody help? It would be appreciated. Thanks

Lee

FSLTL does the job for me.  Pretty simple and its free (and very good as well)

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On 5/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, ryanbatc said:

Not too long if you are careful in choosing which airlines to install. I fly a lot on the East Coast of the US. I installed American, Southwest, Delta, United, and Spirit on the first pass, and it took about 35-40 minutes to set up. Most of that is waiting for the downloads from the various locations AIG gets the models and paints from. With that small set of airlines, most of the airports I fly to and from are pretty full. 

On 5/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, Dave_YVR said:

It's best to start with a few of the carriers that you really want and then add from there. You can even install while you are flying and the sim is running, just don't expect to see the brand new traffic unless you restart the AIG Traffic Controller. It's pretty easy really.

This is the key. If you try to install too many airlines all at once, it will take a long time to install, and you can count on one or two of the sites AIG directs the installer to being slow or down, causing it to start asking for your "help" during the install. Get the "heavy hitters" for where you fly the most installed on the first install to get you going. Then, you can add a handful more every night before you go to sleep and they'll be there in the morning. I'm still adding some here and there on occasion.  

I've tried a couple of the alternatives, but I keep coming back to my man Kaii. I think AIG is very simple to use once you wrap your head around what it is really doing. For anyone who doesn't know, installs flight plans made by AIG or it's contributors, and then downloads the models and paints that you need to use to fly  them from many other non AIG web sites. AIG's installer is more of a download and install manager than anything else. The Traffic Controller is the real AI traffic software.  

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I used Simple Traffic for a while but it doesn't compare to the AS EASY TO INSTALL and manage, FSLTL.  You get 4 giant pluses w/ FSLTL:

1. An effective traffic density (fixed & dynamic) limiter.  You've got strong hardware but ultimately if you fill all gates everywhere and fill the skies as well you're running a whole other simulator with FS.  Of course you can dial up as much density as desired.
  2. The heinous blocky nav lights on AI aircraft are replaced w/ far superior looking nav lights
  3. The weird models Simple Traffic uses are all replaced with much better models.
  4. FSLTL is free
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X