Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

VOR Freq

I did a flight today and noticed my GTN 750 in P3Dv5.3 is not picking up VOR freq or ILS freq.  Today it was LWT 115.45 and the other day I was doing ILS at Spokane Washington KGEG runway 03. Billings MT ILS runway 10 does not work either.

At Lewiston, MT you can be right over VOR and will not register. Is there a way to update Freq?

Thanks for help.

Dick

Do you have other freq's that do work satisfactorily?  Understand that when real world freq's change, and they are reflected in updates for these addon GPS gauges, the updates are applied in the gauges but that is not changing the freq's in the core simulator.  That for P3D is up to LM.  In FSX/FSX/SE I used an editing app that allowed me to modify frequencies in the core sim as I found such mismatches.

If you have most freq's working and only missing select others, then that may be the issue.  If you are finding all such freq's are missing then you may need to check your RXP GTN connections settings near the top in the RXP GTN's "Configuration Panel" (shift-right-click on the top edge of the GTN bezel either the gauge in the 3D panel or in the 2D pop-up.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank fppilot,  yes most of the Freq's work.  There are just a few that don't.  I suppose it could be the panel config. I have gone through it and the instructions two or three time making some adjustments but nothing seems to work. I tried to google to see what panels configs are use but with no luck. I even ran the last update and that didn't make a difference.  I did use Flight Simulator Aircraft Dynamics and Navdata site to update my FSX but nothing in his site for P3D v5.

I re-downloaded and re-installed. I will see if that does anything.

Thanks again. Dick

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900K 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

@bigsky10

Hi, I don't know whether you've found a solution to this issue since then, otherwise:

- I'm not sure to understand what do you mean by "not picking up VOR or ILS frequency"?

The GTN radios can be set to whatever frequency you want, which in turn tunes the underlying P3D radios frequencies to the same values. If the HSI or VOR gauge on the panel isn't displaying any deviation although the frequency is supposedly correct in the GTN, this only means the HSI or VOR gauge on the panel is not working for this frequency in P3D all by itself, not because of the GTN therefore.

?!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

RXP,

I had to go back to old publications to dig out Freqs that would would, older AIR cycles. When I put them in they picked up ILS and VOR just fine. I did use Flight Simulator Aircraft Dynamics and Navdata site to update my FSX but nothing in his site for P3D v5. I then found their update for V5+.  I loaded that in and everything is working great now. I think he is based on AIR Cycle 2205.

I am still new to RXP gauge, still learning the differences from F1 gauge. Forums are great help though.

Thanks

Dick

• Like 1