Sign in to follow this  
M3Stang

PMDG 737 in game flight plan not loading?

25 minutes ago, YMMB said:

You may or may not be aware, however if you create your flight plan first in Simbrief, and use the Simbrief Downloader program (separate program) you can with one click export the flight plan in a file format MSFS2020 can use as well as the PMDG 737 through it's CDU. You just need to set the pathway of SimBriefs exported files correctly so they can be loaded into MSFS2020 directly from the flight planning tab and the PMDG CDU.

Could you expand on how this is done, for those of us new to the 737 and Simbrief?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Could you expand on how this is done, for those of us new to the 737 and Simbrief?

try  using  google  found  this  in 1  minute

inj the  video  he  did the long  way,  in the  simbrief downloader  you  can  set  the  folder   and  all  you have  to do is  hit the  upload  and  it  will do  it  for  you

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, M3Stang said:

I finally did figure out how to get the 737 to be fully ready to go.

Here you go M3Stang;

Have a look at this and then give it a try.

You could load the plane into the sim on the runway and follow the steps in the vid at the same time.

There is no simple mode to just load a flight plan in the sim and hit nav after takeoff but this is pretty simple. 

Good luck and hope this helps.

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 2

It looks daunting folks, but it really makes a big difference if you can learn to load a flight via simbrief etc. I struggled at first after coming back to flight sims since the 90's. I learn't through using the FBW320 as it progressed, and having followed along as it, and other aircraft came along, Before long you will even be creating the flight plan yourself.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Can understand that it takes I while to get used to creating flightplans with Simbrief. But is well worth learning if one is doing airliner flying on a regular basis. Can also understand people who just want to jump in the virtual cockpit for a short flight. Part of the fun for me is planning the flight and configuring the aircraft from cold and dark. 

With the Simbrief downloader, I have it set up to create files in the PMDG folders (flightplan and winds) as well as the MSFS folder. When I setup the flight in MSFS, I just click spacebar, then choose the flight. That way I can use MSFS ATC for the flight. Once in the virtual cockpit I request the flight plan from the FMC. It's very quick and easy once you've done it a few times. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, M3Stang said:

One thing I can't figure out is why the flight plan in game does not seem to load into the FMC.

This is me in 2005 when I first flew the PMDG 737 in FS9. 😄

Welcome to the world of study level add-ons. Where you'll learn that the Sims own flightplanner is usesless and that most of those aircraft use their own flightplan files. 

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, David Mills said:

I have the new PMDG 737 and I love it. But I must agree with the OP that it's both disappointing and annoying that you can't load an MSFS-generated flight plan into the PMDG 737 for MSFS. This is ridiculous. Hardcore simmers could still of course enjoy doing things the realistic way. But there needs to be another option for simmers who don't want to type in "aircraft weights, fuel weights, temps if able etc." I have watched perhaps a dozen videos on YouTube about programming the FMC, and most of them are so convoluted as to be useless. If anyone reading these words knows of some good, beginning-level YouTube tutorials for programming the FMC just to follow a flight path, please post the links below. I'd genuinely appreciate your help. But I'm personally not interested in watching a two-hour lecture on fuel weight before the flight path is even discussed.

This is an MSFS problem, one that they have said will be fixed in due course.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

try  using  google  found  this  in 1  minute

inj the  video  he  did the long  way,  in the  simbrief downloader  you  can  set  the  folder   and  all  you have  to do is  hit the  upload  and  it  will do  it  for  you

Ok. i had already done some watching and reading.

I have had the 737 since launch, but as yet have not had time to load into the sim with it.

I was looking at the information yesterday to set up simbrief for rte and wx but in my steam version in the pacakages folder indicated in the root of fs2020 I have no work or weather folder to link to simbrief.

Maybe I have to run the plane for the first time for these folders to be created.

Thanks for your advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simple B said:

Ok. i had already done some watching and reading.

I have had the 737 since launch, but as yet have not had time to load into the sim with it.

I was looking at the information yesterday to set up simbrief for rte and wx but in my steam version in the pacakages folder indicated in the root of fs2020 I have no work or weather folder to link to simbrief.

Maybe I have to run the plane for the first time for these folders to be created.

Thanks for your advice.

If you use windows explorer to search for placeholder.txt in your main MSFS folder (be sure the search in subfolders option is on), you will find 2 of them located in the folders that you are looking for.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I haven't bought the 737 yet as I'm waiting for the 800.  I do use the AS CRJ700 which does not accept world map routing either, but I just bring up the NavLog button and input waypoints--just enough to get ATC to work relatively correctly and get me to destination w/o putting all waypoints in, so it's quite fast to do.  I need to learn how to use SImBrief as well.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 hours ago, MDFlier said:

If you use windows explorer to search for placeholder.txt in your main MSFS folder (be sure the search in subfolders option is on), you will find 2 of them located in the folders that you are looking for.

search for placeholder.txt is the right approach. I am on MS Store version plus custom install on top. just saying since I found multiple instances of where placeholder.txt is located but in the end it was the \work\flightplan folder on my good old c-drive which did the trick. if you use another of the (linked) folders on say f: or d: then the flightplan will be found in the FMS but only if you restart i.e. reload the 737. on the c-drive however the FMS also finds flightplans saved there when the plane is loaded and running, nice for turnarounds 

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 5/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, a321 said:

Why would Simbreif not work in Europe whan it is built and maintained in Europe? To assume this without even trying it is just beyond anything I have ever read. And why would you buy a $70 add-on and then just want to sight see in it? When you have default AC for that. 

He assumed nothing. You did. Chill dude…

-B

• Like 2

Lol, someone bought a study-level aircraft and complain that he have to study to fly it, tought I had seen everything,,hilarious 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, btacon said:

He assumed nothing. You did. Chill dude…

-B

Thanks. I had to go back and read it again since it was an older post. I guess I could have mentioned that I had never even tried using it to plan a European flight...

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440