Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

Imagine this aircraft parked up at Aerosofts Brussels with GSX - Flight Sim Hobby Completed.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I'm not watching the streams. Has anyone talked about the performance? I hope these ultra quality textures don't come at the cost of performance.

Edited by edu2703
Edit

45 minutes ago, anden145 said:

"Comparing himself to Michelangelo" ??? What are you talking about?

RSR didn't "compare" himself to Michelangelo. He was using Michelangelo as a metaphore of comparing the completion of a work of art, and by such making the point, that an artist never sees the beauty of the full work, but only sees the faults or what is missing from the work.

Oh boy, I would really wish that people would stop making up things that they claim RSR have said or over-analyze sentences, as a way of critizing and/or ridicule him.

Sorry for being blunt, but this is getting ridiculous.

I think it’s you who is taking him way too literally… or do you honestly believe he was going to compare himself to Michelangelo directly? 🤔

• Upvote 1

Just now, edu2703 said:

I'm not watching the streams but has anyone talked about the performance? I hope these ultra quality textures don't come at the cost of performance.

Chewwy said the graphical load is a bit heavier than the PMDG etc. but that the texturing and stuff is miles better.  He's currently at 42fps in the air running at 4K Ultra.  Was lower on the ground, but he said it was likely the scenery.

• Like 1

This EFB alone is one of the most impressive things I've seen in a sim in years lol.

If I were Asobo/MS, I'd be hugging this project with both arms as tightly as I can and promoting it to the ends of the world at "serious" simmers with essentially the tagline "this is what is possible in our sim, when you make an aircraft from the ground up explicitly for our sim"

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

This EFB alone is one of the most impressive things I've seen in a sim in years lol.

I am a little bit behind the stream but easyJet just mentioned that Katiepilot is not only a type rated A320 pilot but also a coder and she (!) did made the EFB. amazing

• Like 9

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

I am a little bit behind the stream but easyJet just mentioned that Katiepilot is not only a type rated A320 pilot but also a coder and she (!) did made the EFB. amazing

Yep, she's been excitedly telling Chewwy things to try in it, lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this earlier, but the displays have actual pixels if you zoom in close enough.  The level of detail on this thing is honestly mindblowing.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 1

Just now, pobee10 said:

Any speculation or insight in the streams as to release date/time?

No they're all staying mum. I reckon two weeks.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Instead of turning this into a slagfest, could people just keep this to what's being shown in the streams, for the benefit of those of us who can't watch? 

• Like 2

God these sounds.... remember folks, listen to all these streams/videos with a good set of headphones or speakers, and crank that volume up! Definitely recommend the headphones for the spatial experience, or >=5.1 speaker set up, also ensure good bass capabilities.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

So the Fenix does NOT have custom panel state saving like the 737, is that correct? Or some turnaround mode where buttons and switches stay as you left them? Can someone confirm?

That would be really disappointing, I need this to have a reason to do my checklists thoroughly...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So the Fenix does NOT have custom panel state saving like the 737, is that correct? Or some turnaround mode where buttons and switches stay as you left them? Can someone confirm?

That would be really disappointing, I need this to have a reason to do my checklists thoroughly...

I noticed the same thing. 

So also no maintenance status.

What about the service based failure?

Love that the user guide is available in the EFB 🙂 ... Ya agree with many, this EFB is something else! (Fabio just showing the ablility to draw and annotate on the EFB itself). KatiePilot also on now in Fabio's stream answering Qs and commenting.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD