Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, JYW said:

I don't think I can bring myself to watch any of these streams because I guess I'm old and grumpy and just flat out adverse to the streamers' "personas".  It's agony sometimes.  I'd just as soon kiss a wookie than get through more than 2 minutes of Chewwy's content (like the way I used a Star Wars line reference there?).   Katie seems nice but her voice is so high pitched, my dogs go crazy.   And et al, et al.  I'm not really denigrating these people; I'm just not their audience. 

Although I love the guy, I can't even watch Q8s streams any more (although I do watch his prerecorded vids) because 50% of the stream time is thanking people for donations and welcoming people with names like "Superflyer Bob" for joining the stream.   I'm old, intolerent and can't tune into the young dudes content..... is all.  😄

What I am looking forward to is anecdotes, feedback and reviews from fellow AVSIM members here.   Although I could be one of those people; as I think the apparant quality of this means it could be a day one purchase!*

*As long as Aamir removes that Chewwy logo from the coffee cup holder.   Really, that has to go.

I'm sure Into the Blue Simulations (YouTube) will do one at some point. He's probably more up your street. Although, ironically, I can't get through any of his videos because while the content is superb, I can't abide his talking like a pilot (yes, he always talks in *that* pilot voice) the entire time! Funny how it goes 😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Was there a need to mention about their voice? Probably not.

I edited my post to remove the streamer's name and pronoun, to protect the innocent.

PS.  My voice is so deep that people call me Louis Armstrong. It doesn't offend me, and amazingly I don't interpret it as a racial slur either.   I guess I'm just not looking to be offended in life.

But I do respect your point, hence editing the post to remove reference to that particular streamer 👍

Perhaps you can edit your post, to remove the gender pronoun?   I removed it in my quotation of your comment, above.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

I'd just as soon kiss a wookie

You’d rather kiss a wookie? I can arrange that 😉

In terms of streamers, I just rarely have the patience to sit through anything more than an hour. Much rather be simming!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

I'm sure Into the Blue Simulations (YouTube) will do one at some point. He's probably more up your street. Although, ironically, I can't get through any of his videos because while the content is superb, I can't abide his talking like a pilot (yes, he always talks in *that* pilot voice) the entire time! Funny how it goes 😁

I watch very little of this type of content but I have caught that a few times and assumed it was either a joke or some sort of performance art. What I do know is that it's... hard to take. 

I assume he even uses that voice during the physical act of love which must be unusual for the recipient.  

Edited by superspud
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JYW said:

I edited my post to remove the streamer's name and pronoun, to protect the innocent.

PS.  My voice is so deep that people call me Louis Armstrong. It doesn't offend me, and amazingly I don't interpret it as a racial slur either.   I guess I'm just not looking to be offended in life.

But I do respect your point, hence editing the post to remove reference to that particular streamer 👍

Perhaps you can edit your post, to remove the gender pronoun?   I removed it in my quotation of your comment, above.

I've updated the post!

• Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Wow didn't realize that Katie pretty much coded the entire EFB (as per Fenix discord where devs are confirming that: https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/975817374085312542) ... that is quite a level of involvement for an IRL 320 pilot in a sim aircraft project. This amazing EFB alone is worthy enough to be a separate add-on product.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I am pretty shure, if it comes online, the servers of Fenix will die for 24 hours....lol😂

Edited by thomasl123

2 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Wow didn't realize that Katie pretty much coded the entire EFB (as per Fenix discord where devs are confirming that: https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/975817374085312542) ... that is quite a level of involvement for an IRL 320 pilot in a sim aircraft project.

yer and she has good fps also, streaming now. Seem the pushback tool is the problem.She uses the one she made in the EFB

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, JYW said:

I don't think I can bring myself to watch any of these streams because I guess I'm old and grumpy and just flat out adverse to the streamers' "personas".  It's agony sometimes.  I'd just as soon kiss a wookie than get through more than 2 minutes of Chewwy's content (like the way I used a Star Wars line reference there?).   Another streamer seems nice but their voice is so high pitched, my dogs go crazy.   And et al, et al.  I'm not really denigrating these people; I'm just not their audience. 

Although I love the guy, I can't even watch Q8s streams any more (although I do watch his prerecorded vids) because 50% of the stream time is thanking people for donations and welcoming people with names like "Superflyer Bob" for joining the stream.   I'm old, intolerent and can't tune into the young dudes content..... is all.  😄

What I am looking forward to is anecdotes, feedback and reviews from fellow AVSIM members here.   Although I could be one of those people; as I think the apparant quality of this means it could be a day one purchase!*

*As long as Aamir removes that Chewwy logo from the coffee cup holder.   Really, that has to go.

I‘m barely into my thirties and I relate to this so much. So no, it is not your age at the very least. 😀

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I‘m barely into my thirties and I relate to this so much. So no, it is not your age at the very least. 😀

I’d like to agree with this but I’m way over my thirties 😎.

I just don’t get it.....and people give them money......it’s truly a mystery.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

What time is BlackBox711 coming online?

Tomorrow starting at 15:00 UTC

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I just don’t get it.....and people give them money......it’s truly a mystery.

You've nailed it there 👍. I tried to watch one sim streamer - can't remember who and lasted all of about 2 minutes.

What is more incredulous than people actually paying them are those that worship them like they are the font of all knowledge.

However, if people like them - live and let live 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

Here's 320 Sim Pilot's preview of the Fenix, IRL 320 pilot, no-nonsense, and for all of you who hate typical streaming-isms 🙂 .... this is one of the guys/gals whose preview and eventual review I'll value most given his great reviews and tutorials from the past as both a veteran IRL pilot and simmer, and the fact that he's unbiased. That's not to take away anything from Katie, Blackbox, Fabio etc of course... Their opinions are equally as valuable, especially the insights they can provide given their direct involvement with the development/testing of this bird.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 26

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Is Fenix a descendant of PSS or Blackbox Simulations, or is it just a co-incidence?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020