Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

I feel like other devs must be mad at Fenix for setting the bar too high.(FSLabs say so) From now on, every single airliner released for MSFS that cost over £50 will be compared to the Fenix. And woe to not offering a feature that Fenix has or the same texture quality that Fenix offers or if not, they will be bombarded with comments like: ''But, but Fenix has this and that and costs the same.''

Honestly, this might even be a good thing, if obviously this argument isn't used to bring unnecessary hate to a specific dev. The fact that Fenix managed to do all this using the, call by some, flawed MSFS SDK, may pressure and encourage other devs to do a better job on their addons.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

That specific comment by 320 Sim Pilot is what stood out to me the most since that was the most unknown up until now.  Not that it's surprising given the level of detail and care Fenix have put into the bird. And how great it is that it uses the MSFS core flight-model/aerodynamics engine too and is properly tuned for it in order to deliver this great handling.

Can someone clarify for me what role the ProSim software plays in this?  I thought that it was built on that.

Also, it looks fantastic.  I'm more of a Boeing guy but will almost certainly have to pick this up.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

11 minutes ago, bbsmitz said:

Can someone clarify for me what role the ProSim software plays in this?  I thought that it was built on that.

Also, it looks fantastic.  I'm more of a Boeing guy but will almost certainly have to pick this up.

ProSim is for simulating systems stuff and the ECAM implementation (see https://prosim-ar.com/prosima320/)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

This is awesome! Finally!  A company I will give money to is producing a quality Airbus.

I'm going to break your server, Amir. Lemme at it. 😁

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, edu2703 said:

The fact that Fenix managed to do all this using the, call by some, flawed MSFS SDK

From what I understand most of it runs outside the sim. Compare that to say the 700 which must run wholly inside and it is no longer comparing apples to apples. But like you say people will compare regardless and unless you know the full details it will seem like a fair comparison but it isn't completely.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

2 hours ago, Carts85 said:

After watching the streams today and 320 Sim Pilot it’s really hard to go back into any other aircraft if it isn’t Fenix, it’s literally blown everyone away how good this is. 

I will definitely still use the Maddog and the 738 when it released but the Fenix will be the most useful airliner for the forseable future for me.

• Like 3

So far, It looks like a buy. The price is very reasonable, if not generous. I'd like to support Fenix and future aircraft - like, maybe, the A321XLR.

Edited by jcjimmy
aircraft model
  • Like 3

Jim Morgan

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Here's 320 Sim Pilot's preview of the Fenix, IRL 320 pilot, no-nonsense, and for all of you who hate typical streaming-isms 🙂

That was exactly the preview I needed to see.  Short, to the point and has only made me more excited for this release!

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Exciting times! I'll probably watch Katie and Easysimjetpilot when I get home from work. 

Since the launch of the 737 I've flown that and the FBW back-to-back, about every second flight. And I think the Airbus is easier to handle overall. As a surprise (I was used to the 737-800 back in X-Plane) I've come to enjoy the Airbus more. 

I'm the same pretty much. I was 100% 737-800 in FSX because it was so good as the Wilco Airbus wasn't really at any sort of comparable level.

However the 320's now in MSFS are out of this world and such fun to fly. And that's even before Fenix arrives! 

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Absolute landmark aircraft for MSFS and flight simming in general... Fenix have shattered all norms and set such high standards when compared to aircrafts (for this and other sims) that cost much more. And the whole team's attitude and approach is absolutely the refreshing new presence and M.O that simming needs. Looking forward to all what they'll bring to MSFS and how this will spur the competition to step up!

In a span of just 2-3 weeks, the JF Bae 146, Maddog MD80, Milviz C310, FSW C414, PMDG 737, Fenix A320 have all transformed MSFS to the sim it was meant to be. Now bring on the Sting S4, iniBuilds A310, HondaJet, and on and on! And just think, these are just the first incarnations from the respective devs, for a sim that's just under 2 years old... Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings from all these devs, and also Asobo for the core sim (let alone the coming years)!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, suncoastflyer said:

From what I understand most of it runs outside the sim. Compare that to say the 700 which must run wholly inside and it is no longer comparing apples to apples. But like you say people will compare regardless and unless you know the full details it will seem like a fair comparison but it isn't completely.

Both are third party aircraft add-ons for MSFS. That's apples to apples. How they execute is irrelevant to the customer and drawing direct comparisons is a given. Further, no one told, say PMDG, that they had to do what they did the way they did. It was their choice.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I was convinced i would get the 737 but i am really impressed by this aircraft. I guess i am going to be an Airbus guy! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

12 hours ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  we  can  have  less  bashing  off other  devs

I agree.  Bunch of twelve year olds carrying on about other devs.  They all need to grow up and have a think about what devs like PMDG have brought to this hobby.  FENIX are doing exactly the same thing, they're innovative and progressive and it's great that we have these two developers working hard to bring us amazing study level aircraft.  So for you little children who want to carry on about it, just sit back and think a bit before you type.

Jase

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr