Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, edu2703 said:

I feel like other devs must be mad at Fenix for setting the bar too high.(FSLabs say so) From now on, every single airliner released for MSFS that cost over £50 will be compared to the Fenix. And woe to not offering a feature that Fenix has or the same texture quality that Fenix offers or if not, they will be bombarded with comments like: ''But, but Fenix has this and that and costs the same.''

Honestly, this might even be a good thing, if obviously this argument isn't used to bring unnecessary hate to a specific dev. The fact that Fenix managed to do all this using the, call by some, flawed MSFS SDK, may pressure and encourage other devs to do a better job on their addons.

Might? It's absolutely a good thing.

Any dev bringing a plane to market after the Fenix that doesn't at least come close to matching the detail, features and price point of what they offer SHOULD face a lot of questioning or expectations that they justify the discrepancy.

I don't support a lot of the juvenile "PMDG dead in the ground haha" and so on talk - we should value these devs and the work they put in to expanding our hobby.  But that's not at all the same thing as just meekly paying whatever they ask for whatever they deign to sell.  The mere existence of the Fenix will benefit us all, because it throws down the gauntlet and raises expectations at that price point.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Hi all,

This plane looks awesome! Just bought the PMDG 737, but this will be another day one purchase for me as well... Question I still have (sorry if I missed it somewhere): Does it come with an automatic simrate feature like the PMDG? 

Kind regards,

Nico

Just now, Stroman81 said:

Hi all,

This plane looks awesome! Just bought the PMDG 737, but this will be another day one purchase for me as well... Question I still have (sorry if I missed it somewhere): Does it come with an automatic simrate feature like the PMDG? 

Kind regards,

Nico

think simrate can be increased to maximum  2 X normal rate in the Fenix.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, KatiePilot said:

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. 🙂

Thanks for listening. 🙂

Please - ignore these trolls. It’s simply the best way. I know it’s hard. But there will always be haters and „word not allowed“. 

So yeah. Thanks for contributing to our hobby. 

• Like 13

Does anyone know if you can save panel states on this correctly?  I saw some chat about it and cannot find it anymore on here?

Simon

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. 🙂

Thanks for listening. 🙂

I watched your stream and all your internet problems, but I dont care about any of that, your stream was great, full of info and above all, anyone that buys the Fenix will be very grateful for your amazing work you did on the EFB. Not only are your a IRL pilot that most here wish they where but your a very talented programmer. 

I hope you get well soon. For whats its worth you have a lovely voice. Dont let some people get to you.

Thank you,

David.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 21
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, RobJC said:

I was convinced i would get the 737 but i am really impressed by this aircraft. I guess i am going to be an Airbus guy! 

Why not both? 🙂

Why miss out on one of these beautiful birds?

The 737 is great fun. Didn’t touch the A32NX since getting it. And I am also looking forward to the Fenix (though I am still not as hyped, let’s see what real reviews will be like. YouTube is like paid Propaganda 🙂 )

• Like 2

Thanks for listening. 🙂

As the Toasters once said - don't let the word not alloweds grind you down.

• Like 3

Thanks for listening. :) 

@KatiePilot

Thanks for having the courage to make your post, and the work you have done on the project.  The Fexix A320 looks spectacular.

As for the comments made towards you, they are appalling and I can only think they are made by 'people' who are a bit minus on the humanity side of things.  I can only hope they show the same courage as you to come back and apologise.

• Like 13

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. 🙂

Welcome, Katie! Thanks for joining this shark tank. Content counts. Thanks for that in your stream which I joint only shortly as I just don't have the time to watch this format in general and rather do some flying. However, one BIG thank you for your exceptional contribution to the Fenix and especially programming that EFB as I learned, that's just an amazing job. I can neither fly a real airplane nor code and program, so you are way ahead of me and probably many others here.

• Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

It’s a shame you have to put up with that kind of commentary, doubly so considering what you’ve brought to the community.

I highly doubt it’s the first time, or will be the last, but your dedication to your piloting, coding, and making the hobby a more professional but also accessible place, are very much appreciated by many of us👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This new Fenix A320 looks very good, but it seems heavy on the fps and very difficult to remain on the center line when landing.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

@KatiePilot

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I'm hoping you'll improve soon. Your work on the EFB seems absolutely groundbreaking! And please keep streaming as we value the input from RW pilots highly. 

I did post a stupid and childish comment about sulfur hexafluoride which I'm sorry for. I should've known better. Lesson learned.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

Thanks for listening. 🙂

Plz don't take any notice of the haters, you have done an amasing job as part of the team at Fenix. Head up and take no notice of them Katie.. Ps I was watching your stream yesterday, and it must have come as a shock to see 2500 folk waiting to watch. I hope BT sort your BB issues.

I also think it's great to see so many RWP's helping the community to understand the complexity and systems of airliners..

All the best.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 8

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

Thanks for listening. 🙂

(I did not make comments about your voice, since I did not watch the stream at all, so this is some general notes)

There is no need to defend or justify yourself, and no need to take this personal. Commenting the voice of a youtube streamer in a civil manner is legitimate and on-topic. I have no idea why this was blown out of proportion and made you eventually want to come out and clarify / justify yourself (which you did, however, in a good and positive way). So I wish you health and that you can keep up the good work you are doing with the Fenix (EFB) - and absolutely don‘t get put off of streaming because someone says he does not like your voice. If you like to stream, just do it.

• Like 3