Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

okey guys this a/c is unrivalled for graphics wise. but how is flight? i saw recent releases not that good about flight dynamics, for example leonardo maddog.

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

2 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. 🙂

Thanks for listening. 🙂

You do you, don't worry about them little insecure characters behind the screen with personal attacks. Great content.

And clearly, some of you haven't been taught 'if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say it at all'. Someone's voice shouldn't be the topic of discussion... keep it to yourself. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

okey guys this a/c is unrivalled for graphics wise. but how is flight? i saw recent releases not that good about flight dynamics, for example leonardo maddog.

The maddog has excellent flight dynamics; the people complaining don‘t realize this has old school flight controls (via ropes and cables) and therefore needs a lot more force to move.
Anyway the real A320 pilots said the Fenix flies just like in real life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

In terms of the engine model this is what was mentioned;

HhrRGLH.jpg

NmuAaOw.jpg

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Uh that‘s a bit underwhelming. Also it seems like because of that fuel flow is off (at cruise level). That‘s something I expect a study level aircraft to bring on the table, but well, I already figured it wouldn‘t be as perfect as it seemed. Can‘t have it all, I guess. Anyway they are already working on it, so that‘s okay for me. Still a very fine aircraft.

Also: Please create custom panel state saving and loading, or some other sort of persistant turnaround mode. That‘s the only feature I‘m bitterly missing.

I made a comment in an attempt to be fully transparent that ended up being received wrong. To be clear, we have not just copy/pasted a default engine model and gone "yep, that's good". We started from scratch using every inch of the SDK available to us to make an engine simulation that represents the CFM56 as accurately as possible within the confines of MSFS. Further, we've created an external simulation for spool logic, starts, EGT, and a few other details. We started to investigate pushing everything 'engine' outside the sim and into our own code, but the reality is it'll potentially take months. None of this is to say the current engine model is bad by any means - we're actually really happy with the numbers we're hitting, and apart from a few edge-cases where the FF etc might read a little higher/lower than you'd expect, performance of the aircraft is will within margin. We'll put some more information about our plans regarding the engine model soon, it's a small weakness but a weakness we want to address, and address right. Masking the issue is not an option, we're going for the full monty.

• Like 41
  • Upvote 2

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I made a comment in an attempt to be fully transparent that ended up being received wrong. To be clear, we have not just copy/pasted a default engine model and gone "yep, that's good". We started from scratch using every inch of the SDK available to us to make an engine simulation that represents the CFM56 as accurately as possible within the confines of MSFS. Further, we've created an external simulation for spool logic, starts, EGT, and a few other details. We started to investigate pushing everything 'engine' outside the sim and into our own code, but the reality is it'll potentially take months. None of this is to say the current engine model is bad by any means - we're actually really happy with the numbers we're hitting, and apart from a few edge-cases where the FF etc might read a little higher/lower than you'd expect, performance of the aircraft is will within margin. We'll put some more information about our plans regarding the engine model soon, it's a small weakness but a weakness we want to address, and address right. Masking the issue is not an option, we're going for the full monty.

Awesome stuff, Aamir!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Everything about the Fenix A320, Fenix Simulations, Aamir and his team are simply put..... Inspirational.

Congratulations Everyone involved.

Their work will be in my hanger as soon as I hear it's been released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I wonder if and really hope that the trend to releasing unfinished (fullpriced) products and adding further features later on will come to an end at some point.

I'd prefer waiting some longer for a polished product.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Man, all this back and forth - the flying handbags, folks complaining about this that and the third - with morsels of information that you have to go hunting for like you were hunting for truffels, is giving me a raging migraine.

"Streaming" and "twitching" are the death of flight simming, IMHO.

I'll just wait for the release and then make up my own mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I wonder if and really hope that the trend to releasing unfinished (fullpriced) products and adding further features later on will come to an end at some point.

I don't know what you have been watching? Unfinished ..?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Wow! I haven’t been paying attention to Fenix but this looks like a game-changer from the point of view of systems fidelity in such a complex aeroplane. Can’t wait 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

I don't know what you have been watching? Unfinished ..?

No custom engine model if i recall correctly?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

the people complaining don‘t realize this has old school flight controls (via ropes and cables) and therefore needs a lot more force to move.

I'd say in the Maddogs case, it's because ailerons and elevators are controlled by trim tabs (dating back to DC-3 days).

The yoke does not move the actual aileron but a smaller hinged tab. Same with the elevator (where you actually have tree different types of tabs...), which the user can experience as a delay of control surface output/ and or need for excessive yoke input, especially at lower speed regime such approach.

It is modelled quite believable in the MD (but never flown a real MD80 obviously)

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

5 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

wonder if and really hope that the trend to releasing unfinished (fullpriced) products and adding further features later on will come to an end at some point.

Nothing stopping anyone delaying their purchase until they're satisfied with the state of the product.  At the same time their expectations of perfection shouldn't obstruct the enjoyment of others who may be less exacting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Fenix developers are really a breath of fresh air. down-to-earth and modest. no inflated egos, none of the drama and circus that many other developers in the flight sim world like to engage in. and their product demonstrating that it's very well possible to simulate a complex aircraft without bringing down FPS to single digits like some other products.

It certainly looks like Fenix will set a new bar that all other players in the space must strive to match in the future and that can only be a good thing for us customers.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

No custom engine model if i recall correctly?

Got to love you folk, always trying to find something to complain about, i think if you recall properly Aamir has already stated improvemends are coming. Is any software finshed when launched? I doubt it. But hey, go buy something else if it concerns you. The level of detail in this aircraft is stunning, and the price is unbelievable.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,