Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

My biggest problem with this release is that I am going to have to split my time between an amazing A320 and a 737 and I can’t fly them both at the same time.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Azapata87 said:

My biggest problem with this release is that I am going to have to split my time between an amazing A320 and a 737 and I can’t fly them both at the same time.

This is a good problem to have. 😉

Not to mention all the other great releases all over the aviation sectors....some great GA stuff, some older, off the grid airliners, etc....we have it all.  

Never a better time to be a simmer!

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. 🙂

Thanks for listening. 🙂

Hi there legend.  This is really poor form from your audience.  Certainly not right that they're calling this out.  But hey, you went ahead and did the stream regardless of your health and speech.  Well done to you I say.  Inspirational and great that you enjoy this hobby.  Take care!

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

35 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I hardly dare to ask but since there still aren't much video's on YT about the Fenix Airbus (post-NDA) I wonder if there are any good, knowledgeable video's on er... Twitch? Preferably not from people who talk to followers all the time? I don't mind if they answer relevant questions from followers but only if they also say what the question was. I am not interested in first tries from people who don't really know the Airbus. Yeah, I know, maybe I am asking too much. Can't wait for the next video('s) from 320 Sim Pilot.

EDIT
BTW The above was a genuine question and not just a stab at Twitchers. 😉 And btw too: yesterday I posted I hated Twitchers: that's not entirely correct. I should have said I hate the concept of Twitch: I am sure most of those Twitchers are (or can be) nice people. 😉

320 Sim Pilot has a short 40mins giving a little overview on YouTube. Worth a look if you haven’t seen it and don’t want to go the streaming route.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just impatient these days but even with 320 Sim Pilot I skipped through the first 10-15 minutes of the video to get to the meat. I don't really "get" streamers.

What ever happened to written reviews? I can read a lot faster than I can watch a video, and easily skip over the bits that aren't relevant to me.

As much as videos have their place I prefer written tutorials with screenshots too, you can just go your own pace and go back over things so much easier.

It would be nice to get a highlights reel of all the cool and unique features, kind of similar to what Amir has done previously but less in-depth.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

16 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

320 Sim Pilot has a short 40mins giving a little overview on YouTube. Worth a look if you haven’t seen it and don’t want to go the streaming route.

Sorry, should have said that I already watched that one (it is my go to YT-channel for stiff like this!) but I WANT MORE! 😉 I know he will come up with a lot more video's but I WANT IT NOW! 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

Hi KatiePilot

you got 70 times more LIKES than posts, and set a new reputation record with a single post. congratulations!

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 9

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Maybe I'm just impatient these days but even with 320 Sim Pilot I skipped through the first 10-15 minutes of the video to get to the meat. I don't really "get" steamers.

What ever happened to written reviews? I can read a lot faster than I can watch a video, and easily skip over the bits that aren't relevant to me.

As much as videos have their place I prefer written tutorials with screenshots too, you can just go your own pace and go back over things so much easier.

It would be nice to get a highlights reel of all the cool and unique features, kind of similar to what Amir has done previously but less in-depth.

Some of these streamers do this as a full time job.  This is their income.  They need to pay their rent, food, bills, etc.  They won't make much income off a 5 to 10 minute video.  Even on Youtube, you would probably have to get hundreds of thousands, to over a million views, for a video, before you get enough ad money to sustain a living.

When these streamers stream, they need to stream for usually several hours, to satisfy their audience (if you paid for a subscription to a streamer, you would be pretty angry if they streamed for 10 to 15 minutes).  And some streamers, like Fabio, even do a lot of prep work for each stream.  So the amount of work they put into a stream is more than the few hours that they stream.

That's why these streamers rely on subscriptions and donations from the community, to sustain their living.  If you don't like live streamers, you don't have to watch them.  Just wait until there are short 10 to 15 minute reviews of the Fenix A320.

One thing I have to say, is that you can ask these streamers questions in real time.  Fabio is a CFI. KatiePilot is a real life A320 pilot. Since I am not a real life pilot, I like asking streamers like Fabio and KatiePilot, technical questions in their streams, and I often get a response (not always a response, but often a response), and I know they are qualified to respond.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 
I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. :)

Thanks for listening. :) 

Hi Katie - ignore the negatives (I know it's hard to do) and focus on all the positives here. Most of us appreciate your involvement in helping bring this plane to life and present it to us yesterday.  I'm sure you won't make millions from your Twitch feed and are doing it as a contribution to this hobby. So easy to judge sitting behind a computer and people tend to forget they are dealing with real people with real feelings. I don't visit or follow many on Twitch but have been watching your channel for a while and have always enjoyed the content. 

Thanks again!

Mike

• Like 9

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

6 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Maybe I'm just impatient these days but even with 320 Sim Pilot I skipped through the first 10-15 minutes of the video to get to the meat. I don't really "get" steamers.

I partially agree (and I think you meant 'streamers', not 'steamers'?) but when it comes to video's from real world Airbus pilots (!!!) there is more to learn from watching their video's than from reading a concise review. I watched lots and lots of video's already from A320 Sim Pilot while I was digging deeper into the Airbus a while ago (while flying the FBW version) and I learned A LOT from it. And all that knowledge will come to good use with this Fenix Airbus! I also read loads of real world manuals and saw a lot of things that weren't simulated yet: it's really thrilling to know I will actually be seeing all that simulated in the Fenix Airbus! Can't wait for it! But well, yeah, I also like stuff on paper. 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

Forget it Katie. This is the internet, where a bunch of boys and boys in old men's bodies hide behind pseudonyms and think they can say anything to strangers without consequences.

As far as I'm concerned people like you are the cornerstone of this great hobby. Without people like you, your enthusiasm, your skills and your passion to deliver something that people like, we would have no shiny nice toys to play with and enjoy.

That is all that counts. And not that you have vocal issues.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

this guy just had engine failure during final approach, how cool is that?

• Like 6

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I havent ignored anything. If it is as told then good. But the trend goes on and thats nothing new. 

The sim itself is a WIP and therefore, every add-on is also a WIP. Using your bar, we should buy nothing for the next eight years?

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)