Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I just don't get the appeal (I mean obviously it has appeal, the viewing figures show that).

I also want to say, that I often have streams running in the background, while I am doing other tasks.  For example, I might be doing work for my job on my computer, but I have Fabio's stream, or KatiePilot's stream, running on the background.  If I hear something interesting happening on the stream, then I just switch tabs to the stream. If nothing interesting is happening, I continue with my work for my job on my computer.  So a 3 hour stream by say, Fabio or KatiePilot, can pass by really fast, even though I am not really watching or focusing on the stream.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Just tried to watch two live streams and gave up again after a few minutes. As always answers were given to questions that can't be heard or found ("Yeah, that's being taken care of with the next release!"... WHAT IS BEING TAKEN CARE OFF??? Can't they REPEAT the question for the viewers?) and lots of chit chat about coffee and "Hellooooooo" and what not. I had a look at a stream from yesterday too and the first 5 minutes of the 15 were mainly about dealing with computer problems which doesn't interest me AT ALL.

I can understand some people like this kind of stuff and the interaction but I don't have all the time in the world and rather wait for some good edited video's. 😉 To each his own. It's nice to have options!

No one is forcing you to watch. Again people have all sorts of problems especially when they have not streamed for a while. Just have to bare with it like everyone else does. 

16 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@KrakinFor the record, I'm a gamer. I was on COD WZ last night with my friends, wearing a wireless headset, being gunned down by teenagers. I've got Steam, Origin (EA bleugh), Battle.net, Epic, I've owned Playstations and Xboxes of several generations (I even had N64, Gamecube and Wii too). I still don't get streaming. I even find the majority of edited gameplay videos tedious. People sat watching other people play Minecraft for hours, i don't see why you wouldn't just play it yourself (this goes for most released games)?

I'm not saying streaming is the death of simming. Nor am I saying it's not forced upon me. Nor do I want it stopped. I just don't get the appeal (I mean obviously it has appeal, the viewing figures show that). And I hope that more accessible and succinct ways of obtaining the same information will come along soon in regards to the Fenix product, I do feel the time-poor of us are being left behind a bit.

The appeal of streaming is you can get almost 90% of the enjoying of playing a game without actually having to play it yourself. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I'm not saying streaming is the death of simming. Nor am I saying it's not forced upon me. Nor do I want it stopped. I just don't get the appeal (I mean obviously it has appeal, the viewing figures show that). And I hope that more accessible and succinct ways of obtaining the same information will come along soon in regards to the Fenix product, I do feel the time-poor of us are being left behind a bit.

That's fair... I guess it's for those who certainly have the time to soak in a 2-3+ hour stream.  For example my afternoon yesterday was relatively light at work so I had these streams going on with my headphones, and I actually quite like all the aspects of streams like Krakin does, except maybe the constant dings for subscriptions and the call-outs lol. But someone like Fabio is great to watch given all the great insights and background info he gives, or his guests give.

For those short on time and/or averse to the stream-isms 🙂, it's best to watch these streams after the fact as videos so that you can fast-forward and skip over bits... or stick to regular previews/reviews like those from 320 Sim Pilot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB7gz1ARjs4 (and Into The Blue Simulations, etc)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

The appeal of streaming is you can get almost 90% of the enjoying of playing a game without actually having to play it yourself. 

The difference between playing a game yourself and looking at someone else playing is like night and day, water and fire, heaven and hell. Incomparable. I think streaming video games is simply wasted on me. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You know you're on AVSIM when the topic turns into internet recluses having to discuss the appeal of whatever millions of people enjoy every day. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 8

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Guilty as charged 😅  Too busy enjoying the real world (or more likely, working. And I have no idea how people can watch a stream in the background whilst working, I can barely cope with someone talking on the radio!)

I am still very excited for the Fenix A320 though, we've come a long way from the days of Wilco making up an A/THR disconnect sound that has never existed!

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The Wilco Airbus was my first A320 for any flight sim (was it FSX or FS9?  I can’t even remember now).  The Airbus way of things all seemed so foreign then but after spending hundreds of flight hours in that one and Airbuses from FSL and before that Aerosoft it’s all brain muscle memory now.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, MySound said:

Why not both? 🙂

Why miss out on one of these beautiful birds?

The 737 is great fun. Didn’t touch the A32NX since getting it. And I am also looking forward to the Fenix (though I am still not as hyped, let’s see what real reviews will be like. YouTube is like paid Propaganda 🙂 )

Time. I just don't have enough time to tackle two birds at this level. If I tried I would only short change both of them. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Time. I just don't have enough time to tackle two birds at this level. If I tried I would only short change both of them. 

Even Airline Pilots have to go through training and get a type certificate and check ride before they can switch from Boeing to Airbus. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

7 minutes ago, RobJC said:

It makes the sim 100% more enjoyable having a variety of detailed aircraft to fly.

Once you learn one it's muscle memory at that point it's very difficult to forget and to be honest you can learn to fly both at a high level if you don't worry too much about learning how every system works in detial.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

Wut!?

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

It makes the sim 100% more enjoyable having a variety of detailed aircraft to fly.

Once you learn one it's muscle memory at that point it's very difficult to forget and to be honest you can learn to fly both at a high level if you don't worry too much about learning how every system works in detial.

Agree... it's all about having fun.

Good points guys. Let's see how things go with the first airliner I buy, and if it wasn't too time consuming maybe I will take a look at the other.

Do I wait for the Fenix A320? Or just jump on the PMDG 737? And then there's the Maddog, which has a soft spot in my heart. My dad worked for Douglas. And then there's Just Flight's 146 Professional. Oh boy. 

So awesome to have such amazing options! 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Wut!?

I don't get time to play MSFS or games for that matter...so I can just watch someone streaming it and it's honestly like 90% of the enjoyment I would get if I was playing it myself without having to actually play it lol

• Like 1